View Full Version : What happened to the original DOJ Memo?

05-17-2006, 9:17 AM
I noticed that DOJ removed the original memo regarding the OLL. Does anyone have a copy of it that they could post. I can't find a link that works anymore. Thanks.

Cardinal Sin
05-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Found a PDF link off of another post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1170&d=1147379583

This should be the original memo posted by DOJ in its original form. Figure I would help out for my first post :)

05-19-2006, 11:55 PM
I saved two or three different versions of it.
Give me a chance to sober up Sat and/or Sun and I'll try and figger out how to post it. (Ducks lost, multiple $8 Foster's inhaled - tickets cost the same as a premium lower)
I've got it in pdf, any tips on how to easily host that?
Will claguns accept that? I know hunt101 for images will that work?
Once again, give me a chance over the weekend, I have a few revisions; but I'd bet a few otheres do also.

Cardinal Sin
05-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Beat ya to it . . .searched through the forums and found the PDF version from CA-DOJ. But thanks for the effort!!!

06-22-2006, 9:48 AM
Ok, this is stale as hell, but I used the search and this was the closest thing to right I could find.

I need the original doj memo, the FIRST ONE. The link above isn't it! I need the friendly one. I read thru the search results and everyone links to the original dof pdf which is dead.

I need this for my buttstock filing cabnet, to keep the man off my back.:D

Maybe someone with better ninja search skills than me can find it, but I tried three times...:o

06-22-2006, 2:25 PM
Whhat happened to the memo??? I printed them out and used them to line my bird cage.......

06-22-2006, 2:35 PM
You mean this one grasshopper:D

06-22-2006, 3:03 PM
You mean this one grasshopper:D

Your memo-fu is strong!

06-22-2006, 7:30 PM
Your memo fu IS strong, but remember the memo BEFORE the catagory 4 bs?

The one that just said, " We screwed up, these recievers are legal, da's may not agree, don't put evil features on, we will list in two weeks."

Ok, maybe not exactly that, but pretty damn close?:D

That's the memo I need, the FIRST one.:)

Anyone have it?

06-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Ok, I guess I just remembered wrong, I could'a sworn that the first memo didn't mention classes of aw's, but I have been wrong before. That last link to cal gun laws was beyond link fu- The force is strong with you, it is. Those letters will do for what I was looking for, letters and memos mean little-but most cops aren't trying to bust me anyway. I make pulling me over a pleasant experience for them, and they tend not to screw with me much. Just gotta be polite, firm, and know the laws well enough to pretty much quote the penal code, without sounding like an putz. Nobody likes a smart aleck (sp? the filter killed the real word).:D