PDA

View Full Version : Magazine issue with my Savage 10fp

Gundam
09-12-2010, 8:04 PM
I have a pre-accutrigger savage 10fp that I finally took out for the 1st time after years of ownership. Unfortunately the magazine seems to be fubard as it will not load correctly. 1st round is okay, but the second and third rounds get all jammed up and I can't get a round chambered. I'm going to assume that the magazine spring is hosed? The problem is I can't find anything in terms of replacement mag springs online.

bjl333
09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Before looking for a new mag, try to take your mag apart and look for binding areas in the mag. Maybe the follower is catching on something or the insides have a burr. The spring should be good for a long time, so I am guessing its not the spring.

Gundam
09-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Update:

I took the gun apart to access the magazine and everything looked ok so I put it back together and it seems to be working great now. I guess the follower was catching on something.

bjl333
09-13-2010, 3:33 PM
Update:

I took the gun apart to access the magazine and everything looked ok so I put it back together and it seems to be working great now. I guess the follower was catching on something.

OK !! Now next time I am up north I guess I'll hit you up for lunch ... :p

Gundam
09-13-2010, 3:47 PM
OK !! Now next time I am up north I guess I'll hit you up for lunch ... :p

lol you got it :P