PDA

View Full Version : I need contacts for pro gun websites

Santa Cruz Armory
05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
I know this is a repost but I feel it's IMPORTANT

Hey guys~

I need as many EMAIL contacts for pro gun websites (CRPA, NRA, CAL GUN OWNERS, etc.) as I can get. I wrote a note that I'd like to send them regarging the OLL situation.

I think we need to notify as many pro gun organizations as we can and have them put pressure on the AG and the DOJ. It's time to call in the heavier artillery.

I know the note could be much better please feel free to write your own note as well. Maybe then the NRA, etc. will take notice of the "paying members" in CA.

Here's a copy of the note.

To whom it may concern:

There is a very big problem many law abiding gun owners are facing in California.

Approximately 30,000 legal off list brand receivers have been purchased and built to follow the letter of California law. The CA DOJ has released multiple memos that have been VERY confusing, if not conflicting.

This is a serious issue that affects the Second Amendment of ALL gun owners that NEEDS to be addressed by your organization, we are following the letter of the law and the DOJ continues to try and mutate the law in thier favor using fear as a tool against lawful citizens.

Please, will you take the time to challenge Attorney General Lockyer and the DOJ and protect our rights as LAW ABIDING CITIZENS? this is a fight that needs to be fought for all american gun owners, what happens in CA will affect the outcome of other future pro gun legislation in the country.

California and American gun owners need your show of support! once again, the time to act is now! Please research and fight this!

Please update us at WWW.CALGUNS.NET in the legal section.

Sincerely,

R. DeForge

Jedi
05-17-2006, 12:25 AM
I wanted to share the letter I came up with... and put it to the group's scrutiny:

Dear Fellow American,

As residents of California, we are facing an ever growing threat to our constitutionally guaranteed rights and to our freedom. In December of 2005, a group of firearm enthusiast discovered that, due to inaction of the DOJ, allowed for more than 30,000 lower receivers to enter the state and be legally built into fully functioning and California legal rifles which are similar to AR/AK series rifles.

While the initial intention was for many Californians to have an opportunity to own a truly American rifle, recent actions by the DOJ and, in particular, a memo from the DOJ points to a grave threat to our freedoms.

In a memo from the DOJ, published on May 9th, 2006, they stated that it was their intention to revise the current assault weapon laws to require that magazines be permanently attached. It further stated that any rifles not in compliance would be illegal assault weapons and would need to be disassembled. This broad new definition, aimed initially as an attempt to deal with the lower receiver issue, now threatens a number of other collector’s rifles. Some examples of rifles that are now threatened include the Fixed Magazine FAL rifles, the Fixed Magazine SKS rifles, rifles built using the Fixed Magazine Vulcan V15 receivers, rifles built using the Carbon 15 receivers, and rifles built using the FAB10 receivers.

Unfortunately, it appears that this is not the only changes the DOJ are working to have enacted. Recent conversations with DOJ representatives have shown that they intend to eliminate all magazine fed center fire rifles and all rifles capable of being magazine fed. If they are allowed to do this, the list of banned rifles will grow to include the Ruger Mini-14, the M1a, and even the famous Remington 700.

The time has come for ALL Californians to stand up to the DOJ and the anti-gun lobby. Act now! Contact your elected officials, rally all of your fellow citizens, inform the general public, and make a stand for freedom.

For additional information on the ongoing legal challenges of firearm ownership in California, please visit http://www.calguns.net.

Thank you for your swift attention to this important issue,

Name Here
An American, Californian, and Patriot

Glasshat
05-17-2006, 3:39 PM
Those letters are good. The only comment I can think of is concerning this sentence: "In December of 2005, a group of firearm enthusiast discovered that, due to inaction of the DOJ, allowed for more than 30,000 lower receivers to enter the state and be legally built into fully functioning and California legal rifles which are similar to AR/AK series rifles."

1) "inaction of the DOJ" sounds like "loophole". Lowers came into the state only after approval by the Supreme Court.
The reality is that the Supreme Court of California studied the issue and determined that counter to all of the arguments presented by the DOJ, the 30,000 lower receivers are perfectly legal for Californians to purchase, build into complete rifles, and to enjoy their God-given, 2nd Amendment rights with. The DOJ is sore from losing the court battle and is trying to circumvent the established law of the land.
2) Leave off the reference to AR and AK too since the DOJ is coming after all guns not just those two.

Santa Cruz Armory
05-17-2006, 3:59 PM
Those letters are good. The only comment I can think of is concerning this sentence: "In December of 2005, a group of firearm enthusiast discovered that, due to inaction of the DOJ, allowed for more than 30,000 lower receivers to enter the state and be legally built into fully functioning and California legal rifles which are similar to AR/AK series rifles."

1) "inaction of the DOJ" sounds like "loophole". Lowers came into the state only after approval by the Supreme Court.
The reality is that the Supreme Court of California studied the issue and determined that counter to all of the arguments presented by the DOJ, the 30,000 lower receivers are perfectly legal for Californians to purchase, build into complete rifles, and to enjoy their God-given, 2nd Amendment rights with. The DOJ is sore from losing the court battle and is trying to circumvent the established law of the land.
2) Leave off the reference to AR and AK too since the DOJ is coming after all guns not just those two.

In my note I specifically did not mention anything that sounded like a loophole or mentioin "AR or AK" as we are not building ARs or AKs we are building CA legal semi auto rifles.

If we start mentioning AR/AK's that just hurts our case, because eveyone knows those weapons are banned. The rifles that we are building have models like: S15, MK99, etc.