PDA

View Full Version : Ak's from prk in Fresno

jk025
09-11-2010, 1:56 PM
How are they? And what's the price range like? I bought an ar lower from them and it was a great experience

DB2
09-11-2010, 2:30 PM
Go talk to them. I've got an AK that they built. It's very nice. They weren't supposed to build it. I left it there after I demilled it. Came back a couple weeks later and it was built.

The trigger is fantastic. It bumps like a dream

CSACANNONEER
09-11-2010, 2:46 PM
Like many bussinesses, their builders come and go. So, you never know who is actually building it. But, I've never heard a complaint about any of their past builder's work. Have you considered building your own?

Colt-45
09-11-2010, 3:24 PM
Just dont buy any of their Single shot mac-10 pistols. I have heard first hand from people who have bought them that either the DOJ or the ATF has come to their front door with a warrant to see if that firearm is still in it's single shot config.

WoW.:eek: holy ****.

I'm having second thoughts about those now. Do you have any sources? Any of the guys calgunners?
---------

Oh and it was probably the DOJ. That wouldn't be any of the ATF's business.

Anyone have the PC that states that after a single shot pistol is drosed, it doesn't have to stay that way?

dwtt
09-11-2010, 3:26 PM
Just dont buy any of their Single shot mac-10 pistols. I have heard first hand from people who have bought them that either the DOJ or the ATF has come to their front door with a warrant to see if that firearm is still in it's single shot config. Dont get me wrong Im all for pushing the law to limits on these stupid gun laws in this state. But when people show up to your house with warrants over something you can legally have is where I draw the line.

So, what would BATFE care if the single shot pistol was changed? Wouldn't this be a matter for CA DOJ to be concerned about? I guess their agents are bored and have nothing better to do than harass gun owners, if this claim is true.

MrPlink
09-11-2010, 3:32 PM
That sounds like fud. There's nothing illegal about the conversion. Doj might as well show up and ask you about your aunt sally.

CSACANNONEER
09-11-2010, 3:54 PM
Just dont buy any of their Single shot mac-10 pistols. I have heard first hand from people who have bought them that either the DOJ or the ATF has come to their front door with a warrant to see if that firearm is still in it's single shot config. Dont get me wrong Im all for pushing the law to limits on these stupid gun laws in this state. But when people show up to your house with warrants over something you can legally have is where I draw the line.

Other than that they have a great staff which are very friendly and smart. I was very impressed with them the last few times I have been in the store. Their AK's are higher priced than other places but they dont come stock. If you look at the hungarian AMD 65's they have there, the reciever actually has their Store name and city/state stamped into them from the factory, I thought it was pretty cool.

Please cite your source and try to help me understand why ATF cares about California law so much. Also, please explain how they could get a warrant to check to see if the gun has been changed from one legal configuration to another?

As far as the marking go, PRK was the manufacturer so, those markings are requried by law.

C_1
09-11-2010, 4:25 PM
I know quite a few folks who have bought a Mac but I haven't heard em say anything about agents coming to their door.

Keystone
09-11-2010, 5:46 PM
Jeff is a stand up guy. I would never have a problem with buying something from or having something built by him.

I have to call bs on the atf baf serving warents to inspect recently bought pistols.

Pred
09-11-2010, 7:13 PM
I was there like 4 weeks ago and the owner was telling me how the police came in there guns drawn with a warrant

DB2
09-11-2010, 7:41 PM
^^^^^^

Yes that happened, kinda. It was also a dirty raid. If you noticed they were still open for business, and that happened in March.

As far as the MPA issue, that's nothing but pure stinky FUD. PRK just doesn't sell them, they distribute them also. If you see MPAs in a Ca shop, chances are the came from PRK.

That's probably just another rumor being spread by another local FUDy shop.

SJgunguy24
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
^^^^^^

Yes that happened, kinda. It was also a dirty raid. If you noticed they were still open for business, and that happened in March.

As far as the MPA issue, that's nothing but pure stinky FUD. PRK just doesn't sell them, they distribute them also. If you see MPAs in a Ca shop, chances are the came from PRK.

That's probably just another rumor being spread by another local FUDy shop.

Yep, they were raided, even threatened. You wanna know what happened?

NOTHING!!!! Oh, and call the DOJ and ask for Allison Merrilies ;)

She used to be the assistant Attorney General in charge of the Bureau of Firearms at the DOJ.

Keystone
09-12-2010, 9:51 AM
Well it sounds like someone is selling you a load of bs.

SunriseF150
09-12-2010, 9:59 AM
This thread reminds me. I've got to call them to see how my yugo m70 build is going and my aes-10b refinish is going. I've always been happy with the previous builds and work i had them do.

glockwise2000
09-12-2010, 10:02 AM

Other than that they have a great staff which are very friendly and smart. I was very impressed with them the last few times I have been in the store. Their AK's are higher priced than other places but they dont come stock. If you look at the hungarian AMD 65's they have there, the reciever actually has their Store name and city/state stamped into them from the factory, I thought it was pretty cool.

Please do not spread BS in this forum if you can not back-up your claim.

:fud:
This is major FUD and needs to be deleted. I have bought a Mini-MAC in around last from year and it was a single shot when it came. Now it is in a semi-auto and brought to ASR to shoot. So far, NO BATFE nor CADOJ came knocking to my door to check if the said MAC was converted. I will welcome them to check it out as long as the have a warrant.

C.W.M.V.
09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Pyro, buddy, your getting flamed pretty hard!
Regardless Ive heard similar things about the raids/visits as well.
Hes just trying to pass on what hes heard guys, lighten up. Take it for what it is.

DB2
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Pyro. That's maybe what you "heard". It doesn't matter what you "heard" I know there are two people in this thread that know EXACTLY what happened. There are also a couple on this site that were involved in the aftermath.

It was a dirty raid with a point to be made by the raiders. In the end it didn't turn out the way they wanted. PRK was clean, and someone lost their job.

Please stop. They are a standup shop with not only legal backing, but will also back a customer legally.

If you don't like them due to prices or other BS fine. But stop the FUD.

SJgunguy24
09-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Hes just trying to pass on what hes heard guys, lighten up. Take it for what it is.

He's getting flamed because he's flat 100% wrong. There is no law that says you cannot change the configuration of your legally purchased gun. You know how the law work, if it is not explisitly banned it is therefore legal.
As for the raid, if you wern't there or have seen the tape you don't know. If you knew the backround and the hard on the BOFFER's have for PRK then you will understand completely why they did that and what he outcome was.
NOTHING!!! They got 2 things out of that raid. Jack and s**t, and Jack already left. PRK is THE MOST COMPLIANT SHOP IN THE STATE.

Pyro. That's maybe what you "heard". It doesn't matter what you "heard" I know there are two people in this thread that know EXACTLY what happened. There are also a couple on this site that were involved in the aftermath.

It was a dirty raid with a point to be made by the raiders. In the end it didn't turn out the way they wanted. PRK was clean, and someone lost their job.

Please stop. They are a standup shop with not only legal backing, but will also back a customer legally.

If you don't like them due to prices or other BS fine. But stop the FUD.

If they only knew.

cdownin
09-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Well sounds like everyone wants to know the details if anyone wants to share them I'm sure we are listening even if you want to just PM me that would be great to let me know what to look out for anything I can learn from some one else experience is a great lession learned...

Q
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Just dont buy any of their Single shot mac-10 pistols. I have heard first hand from people who have bought them that either the DOJ or the ATF has come to their front door with a warrant to see if that firearm is still in it's single shot config.
WTF!:eek: I haven't bought anything from them or had anything transfered through them but is this true?? Sounds pretty extreme! Were the people in So Cal?

CSACANNONEER
09-12-2010, 1:23 PM
OK, you've spent "several hundred dollars" there. I'm impressed:rolleyes:. Anyway, please cite the source of the FUD you are spreading about ATF (a Federal Agency) serving search warrants on their customers who legally purchased firearms just to see if they legally changed their configuration or not. Hell, feel free to post any real info you know about any state agency serving said search warrants as well. Or, admit that you don't have a clue about this and you are just trolling.:p

jdberger
09-12-2010, 2:28 PM

Please contact me regarding this. Send me a PM. I'd like some more information.

jdberger
09-12-2010, 2:34 PM

Could you please PM me with specific details of these raids/visits? I'd like to contact the parties involved.

CSACANNONEER
09-12-2010, 2:36 PM
How can we link you to a link about something which has never happened? If you really got the exact info from someone, they were either leaving out the real PC on the search warrant or, they were just pulling your leg. From the info you posted, even if a judge signed a warrant, it would be an illegal search and someone is in line to receive a pretty penny from the agencies involved. BTW, I purchased a MAC clone from PRK before they started bringing in MPAs. No one has knocked on my door yet. If they do, they will find a 32 round magazine where the sled used to go. I know that I am 100% legal and would love to have an illegal search warrant served on me. I could use the cash!

pyro3k2
09-12-2010, 3:04 PM
DB2 contacted me and showed me evidence that what I was saying was indeed wrong, I'm sorry Cal-guns and Cal-gun users for unintentionally spreading FUD. I'll will make good on my offer and delete my posts of the issue. Again I would like to say I'm sorry.