PDA

View Full Version : Any shops in LA selling complete AR build kits?

lear60man
09-11-2010, 1:31 PM
Looks like everything is out of state:confused:

CSACANNONEER
09-11-2010, 1:33 PM
Huh? There are plenty of shops selling complete rifles. If you are just looking for parts kits, you'll find a better selection on line than any local store could carry.

lear60man
09-11-2010, 1:35 PM
I already have a stripped lower that needs a good varmint kit.

evolixsurf
09-11-2010, 1:37 PM
ISnt riflegear near there?

CSACANNONEER
09-11-2010, 1:42 PM
Most people (in every state) just buy a LPK, their favorite stock, buffer tube and buffer and the upper of their choice.

railroader
09-11-2010, 2:13 PM
http://jtdistributing.net/store/more_k_bbk.html Maybe? Mark

rumpletzer
09-11-2010, 2:38 PM
I see black guns on the wall at the Sharp Shooter firing range in Torrance, but they might be decorative for all I know. I usually go there to shoot because it's closeby, but I don't talk much to the guys there; they often don't seem too friendly... and I'm not too friendly either. :D

Without hesitation, I drove to Costa Mesa and visited the guys at Rifle Gear when I wanted lowers. They certainly also sell complete kits.

I bought Stag and RRA uppers from Legal Transfers on the AR15.com equipment exchange forum. Lowest prices that I've seen, and my uppers were drop shipped from Stag/RRA directly to my door.

cheenky
09-11-2010, 9:07 PM
I see black guns on the wall at the Sharp Shooter firing range in Torrance, but they might be decorative for all I know. I usually go there to shoot because it's closeby, but I don't talk much to the guys there; they often don't seem too friendly... and I'm not too friendly either. :D

Without hesitation, I drove to Costa Mesa and visited the guys at Rifle Gear when I wanted lowers. They certainly also sell complete kits.

I bought Stag and RRA uppers from Legal Transfers on the AR15.com equipment exchange forum. Lowest prices that I've seen, and my uppers were drop shipped from Stag/RRA directly to my door.

sorry to theadjack, but do you know if sharpshooter allows high power rifles at all? haven't been there for a while and heard they renovated. i either forget to call or have an opportunity to call there during business hours.

back to the original topic: have you tried calling ammo bros or gun runners?

rumpletzer
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
sorry to theadjack, but do you know if sharpshooter allows high power rifles at all? haven't been there for a while and heard they renovated. i either forget to call or have an opportunity to call there during business hours.

back to the original topic: have you tried calling ammo bros or gun runners?
Sharp Shooter renovated?? I haven't been for about 3 months because I've been going to the Angeles range. I know that Sharp Shooter ditched their target holders early this year and put up coat hangers. It was pretty annoying because the target wouldn't stay still with the light wire and paper clip assembly. Maybe I'll go check them out tomorrow to see what's up.

No idea about Sharp Shooter and high powered rifles; I only do handguns indoors. I do know that guys show up with their shotguns... and that's a little annoying indoors.

It's just a lot more comfortable to be outside with my rifles, so I make the trek out to the Angeles range.

ParallaxTactical.com
09-12-2010, 6:33 AM
Come down to our shop in San Diego. We pretty much stock everything you'll need for an AR. Checkout our customer gallery on our webpage!

rumpletzer
09-12-2010, 9:25 AM
Come down to our shop in San Diego. We pretty much stock everything you'll need for an AR. Checkout our customer gallery on our webpage!

Oh, yeah, these are good guys too, and not too far off I-5. I stopped by on Labor Day weekend as I was on my way to SD. It's like a black gun candy shop!