PDA

View Full Version : Applying for an 01 FFL, what to expect from BATFE?

THT
09-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Next week, I'm applying for an 01 FFL. What should I expect during the in-person interview? Inspection of the physical location where the guns would be stored? Test of knowledge of firearms laws? Is it more conversation or interrogation?

PolishMike
09-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Neither.

All they do is make sure you are going in to it for a business and they give you a boxful of un-readable (photocopied 8 million times) papers concerning some laws/FAQ's.

I met with an Agent at Ihop, 20 mins later everything was done.

THT
09-11-2010, 11:20 AM
What about the business license? Does it need to state "Retail sale of firearms"? If so, I'm going to need a new one since as of now, I just deal in accessories and parts.

jtmkinsd
09-11-2010, 12:35 PM
What about the business license? Does it need to state "Retail sale of firearms"? If so, I'm going to need a new one since as of now, I just deal in accessories and parts.

Yes, you're going to have to file a modification to your business license. And hopefully your local government allows retail sales of firearms. Also, if you plan on taking in consignments, you are going to need a second hand seller's permit. And of course, there is the high cap mag permit, and so on, and so on.:(

THT
09-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, you're going to have to file a modification to your business license. And hopefully your local government allows retail sales of firearms. Also, if you plan on taking in consignments, you are going to need a second hand seller's permit. And of course, there is the high cap mag permit, and so on, and so on.:(

Won't be a problem here in MO...we love guns :D

jtmkinsd
09-11-2010, 1:35 PM
oh...duh...didn't see where you were from...lol...calguns is kind of an odd place to ask advice when you live in the free states of america...lol but your original question has been answered so enjoy :D

tenpercentfirearms
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM
It is complete conversation, not interrogation.

Tunis
09-18-2010, 6:36 AM
Congrats Ty and good luck! :thumbsup:

I will also be applying for my FFL once I get my brick & mortar squared away! :D

THT
09-19-2010, 5:38 PM
Congrats Ty and good luck! :thumbsup:

I will also be applying for my FFL once I get my brick & mortar squared away! :D

Thanks, Tunis! Once I have the 01 FFL, I'll be applying for an 03 SOT :D

NDFMF
09-20-2010, 1:44 PM

I thought you only needed a second hand seller's permit if you were going to buy used guns and resell them. Are you sure it applies to consignment as well?

THT
12-03-2010, 5:32 PM
Premises inspection was yesterday; was told to expect my license in three to four weeks :D

jtmkinsd
12-03-2010, 8:42 PM
Premises inspection was yesterday; was told to expect my license in three to four weeks :D

:party:

Nice

Tunis
12-05-2010, 11:42 AM

Congratulations Ty!!! :thumbsup: