PDA

View Full Version : Somebody help me with this term!

Bigtwin
09-10-2010, 7:22 PM
"Trigger slap!"

I have looked and the only thing I find is about the shooter "slapping the trigger"! Not the question here.

I have a Saiga and see often times replacing the trigger to avoid "the painfull trigger slap". I have shot this firearm many times in the stock configuration(about 600rds)...without any discomfort! So I do not understand the meaning of "trigger slap"....I am guessing it is the trigger coming back at your finger(hard)! Is that assumption true? Is my Saiga 7.62x39 a rarity not having trigger slap?
It is in the stock configuration and I like it that way, I am used to sporting style stocks and it works fine for me. Just curious what the meaning of trigger slap is!

Rogu3
09-10-2010, 7:24 PM
It's when the trigger snaps back in the opposite direction, towards your finger. Common thing with AKs or so i've heard.

MrPlink
09-10-2010, 7:25 PM
You pretty much got it. Its a semi painful feedback from the trigger.

Rogu3
09-10-2010, 7:27 PM
Gives you that ****ty numb feeling after a while.

supermario
09-10-2010, 7:28 PM
I been shooting for a long time now, I have several Saigas and aks and never felt trigger slap either? Can trigger slap be caused becus of how people shoot? I usually squeeze the trigger? Actually i take that back, now that i think about it, i have had that happen to me with a 9mm carbine rifle. Its kinda painful and makes shooting the gun unpleasant.

AJAX22
09-10-2010, 7:42 PM
Ever shoot a cobray closed bolt M11/9?

If you ever want to 'grok' trigger slap, that will do it.

Bigtwin
09-10-2010, 7:55 PM
Ok so is hit and miss? As to what guns give that event?

I have NEVER had that with my Saiga AK!

voiceoftheright
09-10-2010, 9:28 PM
I have a MPA Mac-11 and when I bump fired it I got some pretty nasty trigger slap, but it came with a rubber trigger sleeve which eliminates it so I put that back on. I have heard about certain AKs that have trigger slap problems but the Tapco G2 trigger is supposed to eliminate it. Does yours have the G2? Because most do and there is no slap at all.