PDA

View Full Version : Application proccess

Nismo
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I recently took my CCW class and qualification last week. Earlier today I went to the Merced city PD (I live in the city) and picked up a CCW application. I took it home. I understand that section 6,7,8 must be filled out in the prescence of an officer.

My question is when do I fill out section 6-8? In the department before I turn it in? Or do I have to schedule an appointment and fill it during the interview?

DParker
05-16-2006, 11:10 AM
I recently took my CCW class and qualification last week. Earlier today I went to the Merced city PD (I live in the city) and picked up a CCW application. I took it home. I understand that section 6,7,8 must be filled out in the prescence of an officer.

My question is when do I fill out section 6-8? In the department before I turn it in? Or do I have to schedule an appointment and fill it during the interview?

Ask them what they want. Madera Sheriff wanted it all filled out by me in advance despite the wording on the application. Do you know for sure that the PD issues...and does not defer to the county Sheriff?

Nismo
05-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Im almost positive that they deny me and send me to the Sheriff.

Nismo
05-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Just came back from the PD to turn the application in. She told me to just go ahead and fill it out just like Madera told you. She also said they will deny it anyways which I already knew. Next step I guess is to wait for the denial and then apply though the Sheriff.

PanzerAce
05-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Just came back from the PD to turn the application in. She told me to just go ahead and fill it out just like Madera told you. She also said they will deny it anyways which I already knew. Next step I guess is to wait for the denial and then apply though the Sheriff.

yup. And then the sheriff will aprove it.

Nismo
05-16-2006, 3:10 PM
yup. And then the sheriff will aprove it.

Thank you once again. The only thing that Im nervous about right now is writing up a nice good cause statement and also finish getting my personal reference letters taken care of.

Python2
05-16-2006, 4:36 PM
Thank you once again. The only thing that Im nervous about right now is writing up a nice good cause statement and also finish getting my personal reference letters taken care of.

I do not understand the process you are doing Nizmo? Why go to the chief to get denied then go to the sheriff? Did'nt you first find out what the County Policy is whether to apply to your Police Chief or Sheriff? I am beginning to agree with Billy Jack that there are a lot of members here that goes around circle, re-inventing wheels and dont know what the heck they are doing. These people you are dealing with are no dummies, they would not be in their position if they were. And they have reasons (good or bad) why they are doing what they are doing. Suggest you read all Billy Jack's post and responses in www.californiaccw.org
the proper approach and how to keep paper trail. No offense but we are on the same side and I want to help our cause.

DParker
05-16-2006, 4:56 PM
I have read that some counties require city residents to apply first with their PD even though they know it will be denied. May be the case here.

Nismo
05-16-2006, 5:00 PM
No offense taken Python. I will read Billy Jacks posts and learn if I have something missing from what I understand.

Santa Cruz Armory
05-17-2006, 2:37 PM
These people you are dealing with are no dummies, they would not be in their position if they were. And they have reasons (good or bad) why they are doing what they are doing.

Does this also apply to The AG and the DOJ?:D

Python2
05-17-2006, 3:47 PM
I have read that some counties require city residents to apply first with their PD even though they know it will be denied. May be the case here.

Sure sound like a waste of time and taxpayers money to me. Passing the buck. Chiefs are hired, Sheriffs are elected and between the two of them they have (MOU) Memorandum of Understanding and they are the only one who know what kind. Not sure MOU is covered under PRA.
In my case, the sheriff told me in writing to apply to the chief and if he OK's it, the sheriff will process it for final approval. Final approval can mean a lot of things. :confused: