PDA

View Full Version : iTunes wont recognize my iPHone

KillZone45
09-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Tried to put the phone in DFU mode but still nada. When I have the phone "on" it has the screen with the "connect to iTunes with the CD and the cable" I really dont want to have to take it to the Apple store tomorrow. Any ideas?

unlimitedrotations
09-10-2010, 7:25 AM
have you had other ipods or devices hooked up to your itunes before because if you have to many devices registered to itunes you cant hook up more other then that check usb cable and stuff and make sure all connects are good

Mute
09-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Try re-installing or upgrading itunes.

whobob
09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Are you on a Mac or PC? jailbroken or not?

KillZone45
09-10-2010, 3:06 PM
Ok I took it the Apple store and they fixed it, but iTunes has been acting up. When I backed up my iPhone I only had partial apps restored to my iPhone. So I had to look at my list and re-download them, now iTunes is saying some files are missing and to re-install iTunes. Wont this delete all my saved music though? I know I should periodically back up my music library but I have been slacking, I now know I need to do this.

Oh the Apple employee said my iPhone might not be recognizing my iTunes but I just upgraded to iTunes 10.0, I also upgraded the OS to 4.1....

ElDiabloRobotico
09-10-2010, 3:43 PM
Ok I took it the Apple store and they fixed it, but iTunes has been acting up. When I backed up my iPhone I only had partial apps restored to my iPhone. So I had to look at my list and re-download them, now iTunes is saying some files are missing and to re-install iTunes. Wont this delete all my saved music though? I know I should periodically back up my music library but I have been slacking, I now know I need to do this.

Oh the Apple employee said my iPhone might not be recognizing my iTunes but I just upgraded to iTunes 10.0, I also upgraded the OS to 4.1....

you're music will be just fine if you uninstall/reinstall itunes. i've done it many times. for some reason when a new version of itunes comes out it won't recognize my iphone and i have to uninstall/reinstall itunes. :(