View Full Version : Single point sling and optics for an SKS?

09-09-2010, 3:58 PM
I've got the Tapco stock for my SKS, currently it is my go to rifle and thus needs to be versatile. Once I can afford something better the SKS will crawl back into its comfortable wooden skin. Anyways until then I'm wondering how to attach a single point sling, where and what should I use?

Second part: I don't know much about optics, I'm a fan or "learn irons first" so thats what I'm doing but once I become sufficient with them, I want to mount something. I'm thinkin something I can use out to 150 yrds, but also works for something as close 25 yards. Red dot scope? If you can reccomend something, my budget will be around 50-60 bucks (not ready to buy one quite yet). thanks

09-10-2010, 3:05 PM
Check out scoutscopes.com to mount your optics. That will take up all of your budget but is one of the only ways to mount an optic solidly without drill and tap.

If you want something cheap to mess around with check out http://www.tickbitesupply.com/sks.html

They have slings too.

09-11-2010, 2:25 AM
Check out Centerfire Systems they have them alot cheaper.The best way is the mount that replaces the gas tube with a quick point or a mount that ties to the receiver so it doesn't shift with the return spring.The gastube replacement is the easyest so you don't have to take the wood off of your old gastube or drill and tap your receiver.

09-11-2010, 2:46 AM
Save your money and forgo all the tactical crap. If you want something better, don't nickle and dime yourself out of saving up for it. The SKS is a damn fine weapon in it's original configuration. Skip the gimmicks. Learn to shoot the iron sights. I've never met a scope that belonged on an SKS.

I swear people come up with more ways every day to make a great $300 rifle into a $700 hunk of sh*t.

09-11-2010, 7:08 AM
PM sent