PDA

View Full Version : update on taurus 99

juelz919
09-09-2010, 3:21 PM
So for those of you who remember my other thread I took out my taurus 99 yesterday and after a good clean and from 12 yards I shot a nice tight pattern with 1 flier about an inch away.

Its still no match pistol but its not as bad as i thought it was..

Does anyone know the going rate to get a triggerworked on? I might wanna lighten it a little but I don't want it to lose any reliability

mcsoupman
09-09-2010, 4:35 PM
Love my 99

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/mcsoupman/TaursPT99.jpg

Old4eyes
09-09-2010, 5:24 PM
Is the problem the effort you need for double action firing vs single action? If so, try swapping in a Wolf 16lb hammer spring. I did this for my Beretta 92fs and it made a world of difference. It's something you can do yourself.

sac-gunslinger
09-09-2010, 5:58 PM
You might do some research on what the armorers in the US Army have to do to properly tune the Beretta 92s for the shooting team (the Taurus has an identical action). Lots of modifications necessary to get them to shoot tight groups.

juelz919
09-09-2010, 6:35 PM
The accuracy problem I think is a combo of the barrel and the rear sights..
The barrel has noticeable marks in it from lead or maybe factory defect? Like rough spots that never came out. But I didn't thoroughly inspect the firearm when I purchased it so it is my fault.. as for the sights they wobble very easily..