PDA

View Full Version : FFL01 open weekends in San Jose/South Bay

sqroot3
09-09-2010, 9:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I realize there's a sticky with links at the top of the FFL forum, but I wanted to ask more specifically whether y'all had recommendations for any FFLs open on both Saturday and Sunday for PPT (handguns) in the Mountain View - Sunnyvale - Santa Clara - Cupertino - Northern San Jose area.

Thank you!

dfletcher
09-09-2010, 9:41 AM
San Jose Gun Exchange at Almaden & Foxworthy is open 7 days a week, Sunday is a 9 to 3 I think.

kmca
09-09-2010, 9:54 AM
Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas is open Saturday 10-8 and Sunday 10-6.

gatdammit
09-09-2010, 9:57 AM
Give 'dachan' a PM... he's an FFL in sunnyvale

nagorb
09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
bay area gun vault in mtn view

plan-b
09-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Gun Vault in Mt View only does PPTs during certain hours, not sure if that applies on the weekends though. Make sure to call them before dropping in.

nagorb
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Gun Vault in Mt View only does PPTs during certain hours, not sure if that applies on the weekends though. Make sure to call them before dropping in.

Really? that's ridiculous.

SJgunguy24
09-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Really? that's ridiculous.

Also IIRC they charge extra if your gun is picked up late, as in day 11 and beyond.

SJgunguy24
09-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas is open Saturday 10-8 and Sunday 10-6.

Also open late on weekdays 5-10pm Wed-Fri

sqroot3
09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
thanks yall for the replies!
San Jose Gun Exchange at Almaden & Foxworthy is open 7 days a week, Sunday is a 9 to 3 I think.
hmm...a bit far apparently but thanks for the suggestion!
Also IIRC they charge extra if your gun is picked up late, as in day 11 and beyond.
that sucks! i'll be in norcal on weekends two weeks apart, so that wouldn't work...
Also open late on weekdays 5-10pm Wed-Fri
i'll give these guys a call

nagorb
09-09-2010, 7:10 PM

WOW!

I never recommend people to buy gun there but figured a ppt would be OK, guess not.

Do you have to sign something saying you have to pick up on time? Otherwise aren't they holding something that is legally yours?

BillCA
09-09-2010, 7:34 PM

And they're not open on Sundays anymore either. :mad:

fevillago
09-10-2010, 1:54 PM
who is IIRC?:confused:

plan-b
09-10-2010, 2:24 PM
Very few shops are open on Sundays anymore. Seems like they all want us to shop while we're at work somehow. :shrug:

That's just one of the reasons I want to see Valkyrie Arms succeed. At least from the start, they understand that a lot of us have "normal" working hours. Might change later down the line, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

thevic
09-10-2010, 2:52 PM
BAGV doesn't do PPT during something like... 11am-3pm but i dont know if thats only weekdays

They are not open sunday

nagorb
09-10-2010, 5:04 PM
who is IIRC?:confused:

It's an acronym for If I Recall Correctly.

nagorb
09-10-2010, 5:08 PM
Very few shops are open on Sundays anymore. Seems like they all want us to shop while we're at work somehow. :shrug:

That's just one of the reasons I want to see Valkyrie Arms succeed. At least from the start, they understand that a lot of us have "normal" working hours. Might change later down the line, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

So what would you propose? close the shop during the week? This is a common thing for gun shops to do so I figure they aren't loosing that much money.

plan-b
09-10-2010, 10:30 PM
So what would you propose? close the shop during the week? This is a common thing for gun shops to do so I figure they aren't losing that much money.

If it's a small enough shop that the employees want to have a couple days off to avoid burnout, then yeah. Pick a couple days during the week to shut down and stay open both weekend days. I have no idea what the economies of a gun shop are like on a Sunday, but I can confidently say that I'm more likely to buy something on a Sunday afternoon than I am on a Tuesday afternoon.

nagorb
09-11-2010, 12:26 AM
If it's a small enough shop that the employees want to have a couple days off to avoid burnout, then yeah. Pick a couple days during the week to shut down and stay open both weekend days. I have no idea what the economies of a gun shop are like on a Sunday, but I can confidently say that I'm more likely to buy something on a Sunday afternoon than I am on a Tuesday afternoon.

Most if not all the shops in my area are small. I agree, I usually only have time to go to gun shops on the weekend, but gun shops, in general are closed on Sunday. That tells me they don't think they loose enough business to justify them opening on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I'm supposed to pick up a gun on the 19th but can't pick up till the 21st because they're closed:(