PDA

View Full Version : Need stucco contractor.

JaMail
09-09-2010, 9:23 AM
Im looking for a stucco referral.

my house is 75% stucco and there is a single room addition that was added 50 years ago that is wood clad that I want changed to stucco.

PM me for an appt to give me qoute..

Need to be a lic contractor or stucco company

Long Beach, CA

El Barto
09-09-2010, 3:09 PM
Can I add a "plus one" to this? I am looking at redoing the stucco on my house in the future and I'd like to get options. I am in the 562 area code.

AS45-70
09-09-2010, 6:39 PM
If your matching the stucco to the existing texture make dang sure your contractor is capable of doing so. I work for a roofing contractor in OC and we roof a lot of room additions to match the existing roof. A lot of the room additions tie into an existing stucco wall and very rarely do i see good stucco work. I can only recall one time were the stucco was perfect and you couldnot tell it was not original and i have been doing this for 20+ years. I will make an effort to call my old homeowner and see if they cant give the guys company name. i will let you know asap.

We typically dont do the roofing before the stucco, but this guy insisted he would not mess up the roofing. His stucco is perfect, he went around the roofing perfectly. Sure its a small job, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing and takes pride in his art.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/AS45-70/

G17GUY
09-09-2010, 8:24 PM
If your matching the stucco to the existing texture make dang sure your contractor is capable of doing so. I work for a roofing contractor in OC and we roof a lot of room additions to match the existing roof. A lot of the room additions tie into an existing stucco wall and very rarely do i see good stucco work. I can only recall one time were the stucco was perfect and you couldnot tell it was not original and i have been doing this for 20+ years. I will make an effort to call my old homeowner and see if they cant give the guys company name. i will let you know asap.

We typically dont do the roofing before the stucco, but this guy insisted he would not mess up the roofing. His stucco is perfect, he went around the roofing perfectly. Sure its a small job, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing and takes pride in his art.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/AS45-70/

He did do a good job!

JaMail
09-09-2010, 8:50 PM
nice, if you can get that company name posted here, i would appreciate it.

novabrian
09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I have a guy that does this sort of stuff cheap.He is really desperate for work.PM me if you are interested.

AS45-70
09-11-2010, 5:15 PM
no word yet, i left a msg on thier machine. This may be a new owner who has no idea, we did the original roof about 7 years ago, then the bay window to match about 2.5 years ago.

Lyte-
09-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Im looking for a stucco referral.

my house is 75% stucco and there is a single room addition that was added 50 years ago that is wood clad that I want changed to stucco.

PM me for an appt to give me qoute..

Need to be a lic contractor or stucco company

Long Beach, CA

One of my co workers does this type of stuff on the weekends, he is not to far from you send me your contact info