PDA

View Full Version : Have you DROS'd recently with an SF address?

jessegpresley
05-15-2006, 3:02 PM
I am buying a Kahr from Ordnance Outsellers, and have in the past trasfered at Cash Loan in S. San Francisco. Will I still be able to DROS the pistol with an SF address?

1911_sfca
05-15-2006, 3:29 PM
Yes, I have. Didn't have any problem.

Keep an eye on the court case. If we lose, figure out how to get your handguns out of SF, or whatever you need to do. Enforcement could conceivably use DROS records.

rips31
05-15-2006, 3:31 PM
did a dros @ cash loan 3-4 weeks ago. did a dros in fairfield 2 weeks ago. both used my sf address. i'm waiting to see if they'll have lockers at the new jackson arms. otherwise, my girls go to stockton.

blakpuc
05-15-2006, 4:32 PM
I asked them at Jackson of they'd have lockers at the new location for those of us unlucky enough to live in the city (or anyone who wants one for that matter) and was told no. That was some time ago, perhaps they've reconsidered.

Yute
05-15-2006, 4:36 PM
Drosed a Rifle 2 weeks back. No problem. However I am moving out of SF...

shopkeep
05-15-2006, 4:58 PM
Remember folks, the SF city government may not be running any handgun buy back programs but I'm always glad to have a look at anything you might need to get out of the city :D!

stator
05-15-2006, 5:06 PM
I know I am getting off on a tangent here, but before you buy a Kahr, you should read up on the QA issues. It sounds like they have a QA problem big time on the PM and MK models. Something to do with barrel peening and failure to return to battery.

You should also be very cautious about buying used as odds are greatly increased that someone is dumping their lemon.

ke6guj
05-15-2006, 6:16 PM
I know I am getting off on a tangent here, but before you buy a Kahr, you should read up on the QA issues. It sounds like they have a QA problem big time on the PM and MK models. Something to do with barrel peening and failure to return to battery.

I don't know if I'd call it a QA problem, more of a "too much ammo for the gun" problem. I have only heard about it happening with +P+ ammo, and have seen first hand a PM9 last only 110 rounds on +P+ Rangers. There just isn't enough of a recoil system to control the slide.

As we broke in the PM9, we could see the breech block start peening around 75 rounds in, and at 110, the peening was so bad that it would hang up the slide trying to RTB.

If it were mine and I was determined to use +P+ in it, I would run a mag or two of +P+ to make sure it could cycle them. Then, do all my practicing with standard pressure 9mm. Unfortunately, my friend has to qualify with the ammo he wants to carry, and qualifying quarterly will add up if using +P+.

jessegpresley
05-16-2006, 1:54 AM
Drosed a Rifle 2 weeks back. No problem. However I am moving out of SF...

Thank you for responding, but the new law refers to handguns, not long guns.

I have done quite a bit of reading about the PM9; it does seem that the PM40 has its share of issues, but the PM9 doesn't seem overly problem prone. I'm buying from Ordnance Outsellers, who I've bought from the past and have an excellent customer service reputation. Kahr has a limited lifetime warranty, and I've heard their customer service is also quite good. Let's hope I never have the chance to find out.

1911_sfca
05-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Thank you for responding, but the new law refers to handguns, not long guns.

A DROS is a Dealer Record of Sale. Proposition H bans the sale of all guns, including long guns, and ammunition. So a DROS of a long gun is relevant.

jessegpresley
05-16-2006, 12:32 PM
A DROS is a Dealer Record of Sale. Proposition H bans the sale of all guns, including long guns, and ammunition. So a DROS of a long gun is relevant.

Cash Loan is in South San Francisco, which is a city other than San Francisco, correct? So cities outside San Francisco can sell all the guns they want, but if San Francisco bans pistol ownership, then they could still sell me a long gun but not a pistol, correct?

the proton
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
As I understand it Prop H bans the possesion of handguns by city residents while within San Francisco only. Therefore it would be legal for you to purchase a handgun outside of SF, and store it outside of the city.. Of course if you ever brought it home that would be illegal.

Naturally a resident of anywhere else has no such prohibition against bringing a handgun into the city:mad:

hw323
05-17-2006, 2:48 AM
I live in SF and DROS'ed one (SIG 226) a month ago, and I have another new 228 ready to be DROS'ed in about a week. Don't know why I bought the 228 so soon especially when the trial is coming up next month.

kenc9
05-17-2006, 8:41 AM
I didn't realize how bad it is in S.F.

A “YES” VOTE MEANS: If you vote “yes,” you want to ban the manufacture, distribution, sale and transfer of firearms and ammunition within San Francisco, and you want to prohibit—with limited exceptions—San Francisco residents from possessing handguns within San Francisco.

-ken

rips31
05-17-2006, 3:25 PM
I live in SF and DROS'ed one (SIG 226) a month ago, and I have another new 228 ready to be DROS'ed in about a week. Don't know why I bought the 228 so soon especially when the trial is coming up next month.
damn...where'd you get your 228?

BPA
05-17-2006, 6:49 PM
i drosed a handgun 20 days ago.. no problems

timmy8151
05-18-2006, 7:38 AM
DROSed, then Cash and Carried out a CZ52 from Cash Loan this past weekend.