PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75...is this normal ????????

sniper4usmc
09-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I brought brand new CZ 75 SP-01 home today from Turners..

is this normal for brand new CZ???

bent guide rod,Rust like/worn out barrel finished,and worn out/scratches on slide???
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68075&stc=1&d=1284011421
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68076&stc=1&d=1284011421
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68077&stc=1&d=1284011421
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68078&stc=1&d=1284011421
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68079&stc=1&d=1284011421

Hk996
09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I have a pre B CZ 75 and don't know about the rust or bent guide rod, but my rails look similar to that. I thought it seemed pretty bad, but after gun was broken in, it shoots better than any 9mm I have. It's still the only gun I've shot one hole at 7yds.

HCz
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
The scratch on the slide is not something new. CZ seems to lack attention to details like getting tool marks out.

As for bent guide rod, if it is a new pistol, it probbaly shouldn't. As you use your gun more often it will show wear, but I don't think my CZ P-01 I bought 4 years ago had that much bent.

Barrel finish may not be so clean since CZ factory cycles their slide about 300 times before they shipout. However rust spot is not usual IMO.

Might want to talk to guys at CZforum.com

Notblake
09-08-2010, 11:10 PM
IMO that looks like grease not rust ..... Have you already completely degreased, and re-oiled the firearm?

The machining marks on the slide are normal, there is a reason it costs so much less than a sig/1911.

The guide rod should not make any difference as it will conform to the the channel that it fits in.

Have you shot it yet?

sniper4usmc
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
IMO that looks like grease not rust ..... Have you already completely degreased, and re-oiled the firearm?

The machining marks on the slide are normal, there is a reason it costs so much less than a sig/1911.

The guide rod should not make any difference as it will conform to the the channel that it fits in.

Have you shot it yet?

I already have degreased,and re-greased it using tetra grease..No,I have not shot it yet,just picked her up this afternoon.

Dr Rockso
09-08-2010, 11:29 PM
That barrel and slide are normal CZ...not sure about the guide rod but if it shoots I wouldn't worry about it. The finish CZ uses on their barrels looks like rust, but it's pretty dang durable.

P95
09-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I assume that's your Sig Pro replacement. Post a range report when you get a chance. I almost transferred my Turner's deposit for the SP-01.... maybe it'll be my Christmas purchase.

Oldnoob
09-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Tool marks are normal (a bit more than my SA model).

The barrel is not, I will give CZ a call and see what they will say. I don't have any input on recoil rod. My SA model came with steel rod. :D

sniper4usmc
09-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I assume that's your Sig Pro replacement. Post a range report when you get a chance. I almost transferred my Turner's deposit for the SP-01.... maybe it'll be my Christmas purchase.

Yes,this is my sig pro replacement Pistol:D
I hope I didnt get another Lemon from Turners:rant:

leelaw
09-09-2010, 1:42 AM
For a CZ, those look completely normal. I ended up buffing off the bluing finish on the barrel of my SP-01 and soaked it in some CLP for a couple days. I've never had a problem with surface rust since.

oghl888
09-09-2010, 3:03 AM
Normal CZ characteristics. Just shoot it, a lot :P)

Markus
09-09-2010, 4:41 AM
Dont mean to thread jack... Or maybe I do but Ive got a cz-82 and its my favorite pistol to shoot, how does it compare to the cz 75? Anybody know?

spencerhut
09-09-2010, 6:10 AM
Guide Rod = Perfectly normal, get one of these if you dislike plastic guide rods http://guiderod.com/

Tool marks = Perfectly normal. Think of them a lubrication retention grooves. :rolleyes:

Rust on the barrel, have not seen that. Not sure how much I would fuss over it on my own gun. For a customers gun I would have called CZ to see how they felt about it before I sold it (if I spotted it). Something tells me CZ will take reasonable steps to rectify the issue, i.e. send it back to them and they will clean / replace the barrel. In your shoes I would just take a little 000 steel wool and oil to it.

CZ's are not the prettiest guns in the world fit and finish wise, but are far from the worst. That said I love them, the slight crudeness in finish appeals to me for some reason. Must be the utilitarian aspect.

Now that we have all nit picked your gun, go shoot it.

Rhythm of Life
09-09-2010, 8:10 AM
I just put money down on a SP01 at Turners yesterday, I guess I'll have to break it down and see how it is in another 9 days.

sniper4usmc
09-09-2010, 8:13 AM
I just put money down on a SP01 at Turners yesterday, I guess I'll have to break it down and see how it is in another 9 days.

Turner's Fall Flyer said pistol come with 1 magazine,and Sale Clerk told me pistol come with 1 mag,,but I was suprise I got 2 mags with the gun.

Rhythm of Life
09-09-2010, 8:27 AM
Turner's Fall Flyer said pistol come with 1 magazine,and Sale Clerk told me pistol come with 1 mag,,but I was suprise I got 2 mags with the gun.

Hopefully its the same, I asked the guy and he told me two but we'll see what I get. (It'd be damn helpful with how expensive these mags are)

OneSevenDeuce
09-09-2010, 8:31 AM
Were you not able to inspect the barrel before purchase, or did that just happen during the 10 day wait? If there is rust on the outside of the barrel did you check the rifling? Images like that would make me think twice about a CZ. I'd be asking myself "Where else is it rusted?"

Bullwinkle
09-09-2010, 8:32 AM
Something tells me CZ will take reasonable steps to rectify the issue,CZ cust svc is A+ #1.

I have a CZ 75B (.40), so not the same model as yours... but the barrel on mine looked pretty shabby too. Lots of tool marks, worn finish, etc but certainly no rust spots. Guide rod is perfectly straight. Nothing unusual about my slide rails.

Had a problem with the DA mode where if I pulled the trigger back "just right" it would not release the hammer. Sent it in under warranty--which is why I can vouch 1st-hand for CZ's CS--and the repair slip included with the gun upon return stated that they deburred the disconnector; and while there shouldn't be any burrs on a new pistol, it just emphasizes the "crudeness" factor of the CZ manufacturing.

Contact CZ CS... if nothing else, they should at least drop a new guide rod in the mail for you.

sniper4usmc
09-09-2010, 8:37 AM
Were you not able to inspect the barrel before purchase, or did that just happen during the 10 day wait? If there is rust on the outside of the barrel did you check the rifling? Images like that would make me think twice about a CZ. I'd be asking myself "Where else is it rusted?"
FV turner's didnt have SP-01 display model,so I got mine straight from Warehouse....

sniper4usmc
09-09-2010, 8:38 AM
I dont think brown spots are rust...after reading this from cz forum
http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=26519.0

OneSevenDeuce
09-09-2010, 8:39 AM
FV turner's didnt have SP-01 display model,so I got mine straight from Warehouse....

Ah, hopefully customer service can get you squared away.

spencerhut
09-09-2010, 9:56 AM
The brownish tinge is definitely not rust or oxidation:

It is in the steel itself.

Doesn't affect form or function,

So I quit worrying about it.

My thoughts exactly when it comes to my personal guns.

nimbus
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Mine has similar characteristics with the discoloration, curvy guide rod, and tool marks. Doesn't make a difference when shooting it though. I can still place a round wherever I want.

viet4lifeOC
09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I bought my CZ 75 SP-01 straight from CZcustom.

How much are they selling them for at Turner's?

Oh---The CZ catalog says the regular CZ 75 SP-01 comes with fixed sights while the CZ 75 SP-01 tactical comes with night sights. Robert at CZcustom ensured me that the regular 75 SP-01 comes with night sights since thats what he ships out. I haven't seen my CZ cause the FFL dealer receiving the gun is so busy.

curious..what sights did your CZ come with?

thanks

Vin496
09-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Looks exactly my my Phantom, those are not rust marks on the barrel, but marks left from the hammer forging process.

Definitely not a pretty on the inside pistol, but damn if it isn't my favorite shooter.

sniper4usmc
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I bought my CZ 75 SP-01 straight from CZcustom.

How much are they selling them for at Turner's?

Oh---The CZ catalog says the regular CZ 75 SP-01 comes with fixed sights while the CZ 75 SP-01 tactical comes with night sights. Robert at CZcustom ensured me that the regular 75 SP-01 comes with night sights since thats what he ships out. I haven't seen my CZ cause the FFL dealer receiving the gun is so busy.

curious..what sights did your CZ come with?

thanks

I paid $750 OTD @ turners...and camed with 2 mags with nightsight

viet4lifeOC
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
sniper4USMC,

thanks for the info--I feel a lot better..I'll feel even better when I can reach the FFL dealer to DROS it and go shoot it. So excited.

Seriously, after the Sig Pro problems people have reported--I am weary of buying from Turners.

pkc168
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I have a pre-b CZ75 and this is normal, except for the bent guide rod. It actually shoots great.

MRpink
09-09-2010, 1:17 PM
All normal, go have fun!

Rhythm of Life
09-09-2010, 5:29 PM
I paid $750 OTD @ turners...and camed with 2 mags with nightsight

Same here, I even got lucky and they threw in 50 rounds since it was my 21st! That was almost as good as my dad buying my gun.

Also CZ custom is kick ***, within 2 days of ordering I already got my items.

BamBam-31
09-09-2010, 5:34 PM
The fit and finish looks typical CZ. Don't worry, pretty is as pretty does. Shoot the gun and those "blemishes" will turn into "character." :D

The bent guide rod looks odd, though. Shouldn't affect things, but still.

If you ever go up to ASR w/ us again, PM me to bring out my Matt Mink SP-01. You'll like it. ;)

MilSim
09-09-2010, 8:20 PM
My Sp-01 looked the same, havent had an issue with it yet. Normal CZ stuff, thats what puts allot of people out with CZ, they need it to be runway model ready inside and out. The thing is fine and will shoot great.

GKO
09-09-2010, 8:33 PM
I have an SP-01 I recently picked up from Turner's and it's been fine. Indeed, CZ's have tool marks as others have mentioned. I had 2 other CZ-75B's in the past that looked like that. The plastic guide rod is bent because it's supposed to flex and supposedly be more durable as it flexes instead of breaks. My gun ran flawlessly when I put about 100 rounds of Winchester White box through it recently after I picked it up. Put some good grease on the rails and let her rip. Very accurate and feels like a .22.

sniper4usmc
09-09-2010, 11:04 PM
here she is:D
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68164&stc=1&d=1284098626

Rhythm of Life
09-10-2010, 12:19 AM
here she is:D

Lookin good man!