PDA

View Full Version : Short barrelled pistol feeeding problems.

We The People Firearms
09-08-2010, 8:01 PM
Has anyone had any luck with using pig tail gas tubes? My 7.5 and 10.25 guns jam every round. Thinking its the tube. same prob. if I load one round and see if it locks back. Secondly,,,,,anyone have some inexpensive ones to sell or advice? Thanks.

bjl333
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
So does itlock back after one round ???

Josh3239
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
How do you expect us to help you find the answer to your problem if the most info you tell us is that it jams every round? That is like going to the doctor and saying, "Hey Doc, I am in a lot of pain. Why?". Give us details on what it does and how often and then we can help you. Also specs on the build would be helpful.

ar15barrels
09-09-2010, 8:58 AM
Has anyone had any luck with using pig tail gas tubes? My 7.5 and 10.25 guns jam every round. Thinking its the tube. same prob. if I load one round and see if it locks back. Secondly,,,,,anyone have some inexpensive ones to sell or advice? Thanks.

There is not nearly enough info here to even START troubleshooting.

We The People Firearms
09-09-2010, 10:13 AM
How do you expect us to help you find the answer to your problem if the most info you tell us is that it jams every round? That is like going to the doctor and saying, "Hey Doc, I am in a lot of pain. Why?". Give us details on what it does and how often and then we can help you. Also specs on the build would be helpful.

Ok, I load a magazine of ammunition into the weapon, fire the weapon, the fired casing does not eject, and in fact is in a stovepipe position, parallel with the magazine. The bolt carrier continues forward and attempts to strip another round from the magazine, jamming the action. It hapens every time. Standard collapsable stock, spring and DPMS buffer.

And the doctor would ask me where it hurts, and I would tell him smart ***. No need to reply, just take the time that you would to reply and go **** yourself.

redcliff
09-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Load it with one round of ammo in the magazine and fire it and get back to us. We can't tell if its short-stroking without knowing whether it locks back.

ar15barrels
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Ok, I load a magazine of ammunition into the weapon, fire the weapon, the fired casing does not eject, and in fact is in a stovepipe position, parallel with the magazine. The bolt carrier continues forward and attempts to strip another round from the magazine, jamming the action. It hapens every time. Standard collapsable stock, spring and DPMS buffer.

Extremely Overgassed.
Increase the extractor tension and try a much heavier buffer.

Your extractor is jumping off the case while it's still in the chamber.
The bolt carrier is cycling and then as the bullet leaves the barrel, the fired case is sliding out of the chamber from residual pressure.
Then the stovepipe occurs because the case is not ejecting properly on it's own as the bolt left it hanging in the action.

Also, what ammo are you using?

www.ar15barrels.com/prod/operation.shtml

rubber duckie
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
what kind of ammo? is there a leak from gas block? condition of gas tube? what kind of buffer?

have you tired to take EVERYTHING apart, clean it, lube the crap out of it.

AJAX22
09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Would it even be possible to try to solve the issue by slightly crimping the gas tube using a vice?

DB2
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
[snip] Standard collapsable stock, spring and DPMS buffer. .

I thought this was a pistol?

ar15barrels
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Would it even be possible to try to solve the issue by slightly crimping the gas tube using a vice?

No.

Quiet
09-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone else notice that the OP says he has problems with a short barrelled pistol that has a shoulder stock on it? :TFH:

ar15barrels
09-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Anyone else notice that the OP says he has problems with a short barrelled pistol that has a shoulder stock on it? :TFH:

It's probably his illegal SBR...

Cyc Wid It
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
This thread has potential to go places.

munkeeboi
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
:lurk5:

xibunkrlilkidsx
09-09-2010, 11:42 AM

And the doctor would ask me where it hurts, and I would tell him smart ***. No need to reply, just take the time that you would to reply and go **** yourself.

Uh...so did i. maybe he is out of state....im wanting to give him the benefit of the dought.
This thread has potential to go places.
seriosuly...like the op in Federal Jail.

biglou
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
What length barrel ? What is the size of the gas port hole ?

adamsreeftank
09-09-2010, 1:10 PM
Maybe he was burnin' some medicinal and didn't know you can't put a stock on a pistol... :chris:

Normally I would MMOB, but what's with this:

No need to reply, just take the time that you would to reply and go **** yourself.

technique
09-09-2010, 1:21 PM
I just ****ed myself with one hand and replied with the other. What should I do now?

ar15barrels
09-09-2010, 1:26 PM
I just ****ed myself with one hand and replied with the other. What should I do now?

Clean up the mess.

bohoki
09-09-2010, 2:45 PM
no wolf in da shortees

We The People Firearms
09-09-2010, 9:11 PM
I'm sorry I brought it up. Was just looking for a little help. My 7.5 is a registered pistol, without a stock, only the tube. My 10.25 has a permanetly affixed compensator, bringing the length to a legal one. All of the conspiracy theorists can rest at ease. I do however very much appreciate the helpfull responses such as cleaning the tube and port well since I have run some dirty, leaded .22lr through it on a cmmg conversion. It might have fouled it. The buffer is quite light, so a 8+ oz. one is on the way. I appologize to the poster asking for additional information and my less than polite response. Bad day, but not your fault. Thanks to all.

1911su16b870
09-10-2010, 8:43 AM
Barrel gas port diameter and buffer weight matters when you shorten AR's below M4 (14.5-inches) in length.