PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Than Dirt Handgun Sales

LloydXmas250
09-08-2010, 5:48 PM
I know I'll probably just get some anti-CTD posts since I'm asking this but I thought I'd try and ask anyway. They are now selling guns as long as they're shipped to an FFL. Has anyone tried any to CA yet? Also, sometimes I notice there is no tax on internet sales. Is that the case with this as well? If no tax then they have a pretty good deal on a handgun I'd like to buy. They're offering it with 10 rnd mags so it's CA ready. Just don't know the specific details on tax and such. Anyone try yet? THanks.

JAGGUY
09-08-2010, 5:58 PM
Go to the CTD page that shows the handgun you want and at the bottom answer the restrictions question.
They won't send a Ruger single action to Cali, so I doubt they will send anything..

wrdavis
09-08-2010, 6:19 PM
Your local CA FFL will have to charge the state sales tax.

LloydXmas250
09-08-2010, 6:47 PM

That's exactly what I wasnlooking fir. Good to know. Good deal is now a bit more than the local shop. Thanks for the speedy replies. I also figured they wouldn't sell to CA bu thought I'd ask. Someone here should get a job with them, educate them and expand their sales here.

Deucer
09-08-2010, 7:54 PM

Why is that? Is this a CTD only policy? I've had guns shipped before and the local FFL has not done this.

bellwilliam
09-08-2010, 7:58 PM
Depending on ur FFL. Some charges tax, some do not. Just ask

LloydXmas250
09-08-2010, 8:03 PM
Well that's interesting. I'll keep looking a little then. Anyone know of any off the top of their heads in the So Cal area?

DDG
09-09-2010, 8:30 AM
Also try Galleryofguns.com. Use the Gun Genie to find the item you are looking for and follow the steps. It will end up with a list of local FFLs that they will ship to, with "out the door" pricing. Quick way to find shops in your area.

Also, does not hurt to go to the shop directly. I saved a few dollars on my last purchase that way.

C.W.M.V.
09-09-2010, 9:21 AM
Ice never had an FFL charge tax, they aren't required to. This has been beaten up many times with the end result being some do and some don't.

LloydXmas250
09-09-2010, 9:42 AM
Just out of curiosity, how is Bud's Gun Shop? I signed up and it seems they have really nice prices on guns. Are they a good company to go through and does it work like CTD is supposed to?

gorenut
09-09-2010, 9:59 AM
Just out of curiosity, how is Bud's Gun Shop? I signed up and it seems they have really nice prices on guns. Are they a good company to go through and does it work like CTD is supposed to?

Buds is a high volume dealer. Great prices at ok customer service. They've been caught in the act of doing shady things in the past, but its mostly not admitting to their mistakes and blasting customers for pointing it out. Other than that, if they have it in stock and you pay it, there should be zero hiccups and you'll get yourself a firearm at a good price.

Also, agreed on the FFL tax thing. I get all my FFLs done at Straightline Tactical in Anaheim. Don charges me $50 flat, no taxes, no other BS fees and you give him the info of the vendor, he takes care of everything else.

deadcoyote
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I buy a lot of ammo from CTD. i was intrigued when they started selling firearms as I was ordering another Savage. I called em up, got a quote that I felt was high, informed them a lot of their competitors were lower, andthey said it was a firm price so I bought it elsewhere. I now see they've lowered the price on that particular rifle by about $90 which makes it about $15 less than what I paid. I'm sure once they get the kinks worked out it will be a good place to shop.

deadcoyote
09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Now that I read further, I'll add I ended up buying the new rifle from Bud's. Excellent price, and CS was ok. They were really reasonable, it's just i'm spoiled from getting a lot of good treatment from the local shop i usually use. I went mail order this time because my local place couldn't get the rifle from any of their distributors.

Mofo-Kang
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Also try Galleryofguns.com. Use the Gun Genie to find the item you are looking for and follow the steps. It will end up with a list of local FFLs that they will ship to, with "out the door" pricing. Quick way to find shops in your area.

Also, does not hurt to go to the shop directly. I saved a few dollars on my last purchase that way.

I've had problems with the Gun Genie thing telling me ANY gun I selected was CA-illegal. Haven't tried it lately, though...maybe they fixed that.

LloydXmas250
09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I found the gun I'm looking for on Bud's and it's priced very well. Now to just sell my gun to raise the funds. Anyone looking for a bolt .223? Haha. What was the comment about you can't pay with a credit card on Bud's and get the good deal?

deadcoyote
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Bud's adds 3% to all prices if you pay via CC. Like I said they were perfectly nice, i just felt a little bummed that they certainly didn't bend over backwards to help me as a customer. It just seemed like my business wasn't so important to them, and when you consider their sales volume, it really isn't:D

Army
09-09-2010, 3:04 PM
CTD won't send cheap Chinese generators here, what makes you think they will send guns?

ruddogg
09-09-2010, 4:01 PM
Buds is a high volume dealer. Great prices at ok customer service. They've been caught in the act of doing shady things in the past, but its mostly not admitting to their mistakes and blasting customers for pointing it out. Other than that, if they have it in stock and you pay it, there should be zero hiccups and you'll get yourself a firearm at a good price.

Also, agreed on the FFL tax thing. I get all my FFLs done at Straightline Tactical in Anaheim. Don charges me $50 flat, no taxes, no other BS fees and you give him the info of the vendor, he takes care of everything else.

+1 on Don @ Straightline Tactical. I DROS'd my HK there last month, $50 flat, no BS. I'll prob be DROS'ing another gun there next week.

ruddogg
09-09-2010, 4:05 PM

How come galleryofguns don't list ANY Sigs? or am I just missing something?