PDA

View Full Version : Local Gunshop will host Utah CCW this month.

bg
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Makes it pretty nice for folks here in SoCal. Price isn't
too bad. Just thought maybe some would like to know..

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2006/5/emw385076.htm

The Shootist Gun Store in Murrieta will host a Utah Concealed Carry Permit Class this month. Utah Certified Firearms Instructor William Desy said "Common, everyday citizens now have another option to protect themselves and their families while traveling. With only two State-issued Concealed Firearm Permits, any law abiding resident can now legally carry a concealed firearm for personal protection in 30 different states." This is great news for people that travel to any of the States honoring these permits.

GTKrockeTT
05-15-2006, 12:21 PM
plan on making a road trip out to yellowstone next year. the utah CCW is definitely on my list of things to do prior to the trip as i will be passing through utah, idaho, and wyoming. i've always been curious as to why nevada and oregon don't honor utah's permit.

anyways, murrieta is a bit far, i'm going to wait for the LAX Range class that pops up from time to time.

MrTuffPaws
05-15-2006, 12:58 PM
If OR and NV honored UT permits, I would have one right now. I just don't get over to the UT friendly states to make the effort worth it. I do want to get a NV out of state permit though.

xenophobe
05-15-2006, 1:38 PM
Utah is working on it... At the rate they're going, they just might get OR or NV sometime in the near future...

GTKrockeTT
05-15-2006, 1:39 PM
how does a state "work on it?"

xenophobe
05-15-2006, 1:51 PM
By revising their rules, petition a state for recognition or reciprocity...

Why do you think Utah has the most states behind thier CCW? Magic?

GTKrockeTT
05-15-2006, 1:53 PM
By revising their rules, petition a state for recognition or reciprocity...

Why do you think Utah has the most states behind thier CCW? Magic?

of course not...:D

i was/am genuinely curious about the process...but, not enough to actually search in detail on it at the moment. i was hoping to mooch off your knowledge.;)