PDA

View Full Version : gun safe/gun case tags'assertion of rights"

sea96
09-08-2010, 5:48 PM
I saw a page on this site selling gun case tags to attach to gun cases that have the "no consent to search" printed on them where do I buy these? I need some stickers for my gun safe's too

killshot44
09-08-2010, 8:52 PM
Your local printer?? Why state the obvious? LE can't search your person or belongings without your consent or a warrant.

Just mark everything "Evidence for my Attorney" and it's hands off...(seriously. ask how I know :43:)

voiceoftheright
09-08-2010, 9:30 PM
True, LE can't search a persons belongings without reasonable suspicion, but that could pretty much be anything. I have also read that if LE sees a gun case in your car/truck they consider it reasonable cause to search it and need no suspicion. Either way, I don't think a tag matters at all.

$P-Ritch$
09-08-2010, 9:58 PM
Well, if the OP is still interested. The third sticky down in the "2nd Amendment Politics and Laws" forum is the thread with pictures of the tags and stickers and all the ordering info. It might not stop a LEO search, but at least it gets the Calguns name out there to the others at your local range who haven't heard about it.

Here's the link to the page: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=321237

Dreaded Claymore
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Your local printer?? Why state the obvious? LE can't search your person or belongings without your consent or a warrant.

Just mark everything "Evidence for my Attorney" and it's hands off...(seriously. ask how I know :43:)

How do you know?:confused:

SVT-40
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Tags cannot assert a right. That is left up to the person.

"Evidence for my attorney"??? That is just silly. Evidence of what?

ar15barrels
09-09-2010, 10:00 AM
"Evidence for my attorney"??? That is just silly. Evidence of what?

:rofl2:

A crime!

Sniper3142
09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
True, I have also read that if LE sees a gun case in your car/truck they consider it reasonable cause to search it and need no suspicion.

That's not entirely accurate.

If a LEO sees a firearm or a container that he/she believes has a firearm inside it, they can ask to check the firearm to ensure it is being properly transported. This DOES NOT mean they can search either the vehicle or even that container without the permission of the driver/owner.

voiceoftheright
09-09-2010, 12:15 PM
That's not entirely accurate.

If a LEO sees a firearm or a container that he/she believes has a firearm inside it, they can ask to check the firearm to ensure it is being properly transported. This DOES NOT mean they can search either the vehicle or even that container without the permission of the driver/owner.

You are probably correct technically, but it seems feasible especially if you run into a cop looking for any reason he can to check your firearm. We all know they need reasonable suspicion to search a vehicle and in this state a firearm seems to be suspicious enough to claim they believe it was being carried "improperly" so they searched. Depends on the officer I'm sure though.