View Full Version : Value check on Sig 229 Platinum Elite in .40

09-08-2010, 4:39 PM
Apprx 200 rds fired. I paid well above retail and have not seen even 1 for sale in the last couple years of watching the for sale section like a hawk. Obviously this is off list

09-08-2010, 9:37 PM

BTW sig no longer deliver these with the sig aluminium grips, instead they come with the cheaper hogue grips.

09-09-2010, 8:33 AM
Ya mine has the white/silver alumagrips which i think sell for $280 alone? I wouldn't sell it fir 1200 just because of how rare they are in ca but I appreciate the feedback opinion, it should probably remain a safe queen or u need to scuff it up and get some wreak use out of it!!

09-09-2010, 8:42 AM
Thats always my problem with buying guns at these levels. I hate buying a gun and not using it for its intended purpose... SHOOTING. I don't blame you for not wanting to scuff it up and having it become a safe queen.. honestly, if I had that gun... I'd probably do the same - which is why I never buy these guns. As far as the white/silver alum grips selling for $280, I've seen some sell for less than $200 on ebay and many actually prefer the Hogue ones as I think they're potentially slimmer profile. I think the only people who really care about having the grips you have are the same people who have the same gun, haha, just to keep cohesiveness. Otherwise most Sig people I've encountered go for Hogues and even moreso the G-10s over alums.