PDA

View Full Version : Zune music to Ipod touch?

cc56
09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Hello all. Does anyone know how to convert music I have through zune so I can put it on my Ipod touch? I don't have the CD's I used to put the music on my zune anymore. I would say 1/3 of my music was converted when I tried to copy the stuff over. Any help would be appreciated ( and I am technology retarded).

Ricky-Ray
09-08-2010, 1:51 PM
Never used a Zune before but I would imagine there's a copy of the music files save on your computer. Have you tired looking under My Documents/My Music (I'm assuming your running Win XP)?

cc56
09-08-2010, 2:14 PM
I did save my music to my computer but the "icon" for the music shows up as the zune picture. I hope that makes sense. Some of the icons under my music folder show MPA I think and others show zune. I have heard you need to convert the files but I do not know a trusted program to do it or how....

JDay
09-08-2010, 2:47 PM
You should have changed the default ripping options in media player to MP3 instead of WMA. This will convert them for you.

http://www.wma-mp3-converter.com/

Ricky-Ray
09-08-2010, 3:31 PM
I think it's just the file association. If you go into iTunes under Edit, Preferences and click on the Advanced Tab and check mark the box that say's use iTunes for all audio files then hit Ok. It should then change over so that if you want to play the music file on your computer it will play with itunes.

If you want to load those files onto the ipod it should load without problems. As far as I remember the Zune software would create a universal music file that the ipod should be able to import into.

cc56
09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone I will try your ideas.