PDA

View Full Version : Gift from out of state son.

BigBronco
09-07-2010, 6:18 PM
So! If I have son in the army living out of state, can he purchase something not on the list and send it to me as a gift?

Quiet
09-07-2010, 6:22 PM
So! If I have son in the army living out of state, can he purchase something not on the list and send it to me as a gift?

Yes.

As long as...

-The handgun is not considered an assault weapon or a SBS.

-He does not send any large capacity magazines with the handgun.

-The firearm is transfered through a CA FFL dealer.
You will need to find a CA FFL dealer that is knowledgable and willing to perform an out-of-state intra-familial gift. (this is the hardest part)

vta
09-07-2010, 7:00 PM

Is your son merely stationed out of state but claims residency in CA? shouldnt make a difference but i am interested because this topic came up in another thread ('http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=339268').

BigBronco
09-07-2010, 10:00 PM
My son is in Fort Jackson, 5 weeks into basic he fractured both femurs near the hip. It looks as if he might be getting a medical discharge. A tough break for him he placed high on the testing and was going to get some good training.

Massappeal
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
not to thread jack, but if I want the keltec P11 my dad in michigan can buy and send to me as long as he ships to Ca FFL?

Anchors
09-08-2010, 12:04 AM
not to thread jack, but if I want the keltec P11 my dad in michigan can buy and send to me as long as he ships to Ca FFL?

Yes.

My son is in Fort Jackson, 5 weeks into basic he fractured both femurs near the hip. It looks as if he might be getting a medical discharge. A tough break for him he placed high on the testing and was going to get some good training.

I see you're in Orange County. RifleGear is familiar with interstate familial transfers. They sell rifles, but they are happy to transfer handguns.
Great staff too.

As long as your son has his orders he should be able to buy from an FFL there and send it back.
Sorry to hear about his legs, on a lighter note...

What are you getting:D

BigBronco
09-13-2010, 6:01 PM
So, If this is all possible the question would be just what to buy. Your opinions and reasons will be appreciated.

Unforgiven
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Get an XDM 9 and sell it to me.

Ultimate
09-13-2010, 10:56 PM
So, If this is all possible the question would be just what to buy. Your opinions and reasons will be appreciated.

Dan Wesson Guardian .

It is basically it a commander sized 1911 in 9mm with an aluminum frame. Night sights, beaver tail, barrel and bushing arrangement, duty finish which is supposed to be highly resistant, hand fit slide to frame, basically the works. Light, concealable (with ccw), and with california's 10 round limit it doesn't really matter that the mag only holds 9 rounds.

Same thing as above but with fewer bells and whistles and for a bit less money would be the Kimber Pro Carry 2 in 9mm.

There are no 1911 9mm's in commander size and aluminum as far as I can tell so these rate way up there on my wish list. Just ideas.:D

Cyc Wid It
09-13-2010, 11:51 PM
There are older Colt Commanders in 9mm, both steel and aluminum.

KillZone45
09-14-2010, 1:34 AM
Dang broke both femurs? That is pretty wild, what happened if you dont mind me asking?

NiteQwill
09-14-2010, 1:40 AM
How is he going to get off post to buy a handgun? And if he does, there is no way the provost marshall will allow him to bring it back on post.

In most cases, he will sit the barracks until discharge.

BigBronco
09-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi twisted his ankle and was made to continue runing. so running out of balance I guess.

If allowed off post he can purchase the gun and have it shipped directly to my FFL as a gift. He would never take possession of it. So no issue of taking it on base.

NiteQwill
09-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi twisted his ankle and was made to continue runing. so running out of balance I guess.

If allowed off post he can purchase the gun and have it shipped directly to my FFL as a gift. He would never take possession of it. So no issue of taking it on base.

Cool. Well, good luck!