PDA

View Full Version : Desert Eagle Question

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 3:18 PM
Hey guys I did a search on this, nothing came up...I also lost patience because its hard to surf on my phone. There's a shop down here that is selling a .44Mag DE for a pretty good price, but I'm not sure what generation it is. How can you tell? What are the differences between a MkVII and XIX?

I would like a XIX because its easier to convert to .50AE, right?

Rekrab
09-07-2010, 3:35 PM
If they're selling it to civilians and the shop is located in California it is a XIX. The XIX .44mag is the only one on the roster.

I also thought it would have the generation marking on the gun itself somewhere.

WTSGDYBBR
09-07-2010, 3:44 PM
I own a MkVII you would need to send it back to DE for a full upper swap for 50AE the cost is 1.300 bucks. You may want to get the XIX you can tell because the barrel has 2 cuts at the top one on the front and one on the rear you can get a new barrel for about 600-800 bucks depending were. I'm sure its is a US made one. It would be better to find a XIX that was made in Israel not in the US. So if its a Israel make and XIX buy it. I paid $950 for mine with 4 clips black MkVII Israel made well worth the money . Ammo is not cheap and you got to be careful what you shoot out of it.

Hey guys I did a search on this, nothing came up...I also lost patience because its hard to surf on my phone. There's a shop down here that is selling a .44Mag DE for a pretty good price, but I'm not sure what generation it is. How can you tell? What are the differences between a MkVII and XIX?

I would like a XIX because its easier to convert to .50AE, right?

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 3:53 PM
I own a MkVII you would need to send it back to DE for a full upper swap for 50AE the cost is 1.300 bucks. You may want to get the XIX you can tell because the barrel has 2 cuts at the top one on the front and one on the rear you can get a new barrel for about 600-800 bucks depending were. I'm sure its is a US made one. It would be better to find a XIX that was made in Israel not in the US. So if its a Israel make and XIX buy it. I paid $950 for mine with 4 clips black MkVII Israel made well worth the money . Ammo is not cheap and you got to be careful what you shoot out of it.

By two cuts, you mean the ones on the top rail? It does have those cuts so its a XIX? I'm not sure where it was made though, ill check after work. What's the difference between the Isreal and US?

ImYourPusherMan
09-07-2010, 4:04 PM
Top of the barrel... is it narrower than the width of your finger? If it is, than its a mark VII (also has no cuts)

If its fatter than your finger, than its a Mark XIX (also has to cuts).

Malthusian
09-07-2010, 4:14 PM
By two cuts, you mean the ones on the top rail? It does have those cuts so its a XIX? I'm not sure where it was made though, ill check after work. What's the difference between the Isreal and US?

Two cuts on the rail

There is a new barrel out that I believe has 8 barrel cuts. If you go to Magnum research website you will see the newer style

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Browse.asp

All .50 AE's are considered Mark XIX
The main difference is all DE's now have the larger 50AE frame

The current model on the CA roster is a brushed chrome model in .44 magnum Mark XIX
I do not know if it is American made, have not seen one yet
An extra 50AE barrel I believe is $392.00. The barrel can be shipped directly to you from Magnum Research

CA legal Mark XIX's have the firing pin safety block. They have a "CA" in the serial number. Supposedly has a crappy trigger pull. Never fired the rostered version. Mine are all pre-firing pin block

I have never seen the American made version
The banner on the side shows where the DE was made

There was a rumor that since they were bought out by Kahr they would be dropped off the roster. The current rostered version is good for another year

I have 3 of the Israeli made versions .357, .44 and .50AE. Only my 50AE is a Mark XIX, pre firing pin block

You can only use fully jacketed ammo in a DE or it will clog the barrel. Reloads work just fine. I have excellent results with H110 powder

Here is a Desert Eagle Web page where I pulled a majority of my information, in addition to the first hand knowledge I have as an owner

http://zvis.com/dep/depfaq.shtml

Per "I'myourusherman"

The Mark VII has a 3/8 dovetail on the top
The Mark XIX has a 7/8 dovetail on the top

Forgot about that important detail

ImYourPusherMan
09-07-2010, 4:18 PM
Ummmm, the new "8 cut barrel" is an airsoft model.

Malthusian
09-07-2010, 4:20 PM
Ummmm, the new "8 cut barrel" is an airsoft model.

I beg to differ

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 7:13 PM
Do you guys think $1195 OTD is a good price OTD for a MK XIX .44Mag DE? I rate the condition 7/10.

Extras: Hogue grip and adjustable rear sight. No mag.

rimfire78
09-07-2010, 8:23 PM
Do you guys think $1195 OTD is a good price OTD for a MK XIX .44Mag DE? I rate the condition 7/10.

Extras: Hogue grip and adjustable rear sight. No mag.

I'd wait. You can probably pick one up on this forum for 800-900 $$

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 8:35 PM
I'd wait. You can probably pick one up on this forum for 800-900 $$

For a Mk XIX? I don't recall seeing any that low, i've even seen MK VII's for $900-1000.

maddoggie13
09-07-2010, 8:49 PM
Since Kahr purchased Desert Eagle, not sure how long it will be around. Could become the next Colt Python as a collector gun.

rimfire78
09-07-2010, 8:50 PM
FS- Desert Eagle 44Mag- Orange County
This pistol has spent most of it's life in my safe. I think about 400 rounds down the pipe. Shows very minor scuffing/wear to sharp edges. Selling with holster and mag pouch with desert eagle logs stamped on them, plus three 8 round mags and two 10 round stainless mags. Original styrofoam box.
$950 takes it all. Prefer FTF, but will ship FFL to FFL

SOLD

This was one I found in the search feature from 07/05/2010
Be patient my son

Greg-Dawg
09-07-2010, 8:52 PM
Get it and you'll be a bad arse at the range. Deagles are great guns for first timers.

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 9:01 PM
This pistol has spent most of it's life in my safe. I think about 400 rounds down the pipe. Shows very minor scuffing/wear to sharp edges. Selling with holster and mag pouch with desert eagle logs stamped on them, plus three 8 round mags and two 10 round stainless mags. Original styrofoam box.

SOLD

Be patient my son

I remember that one, that was 1ducatiboy, right? That was a Mk VII.

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 9:02 PM
Get it and you'll be a bad arse at the range. Deagles are great guns for first timers.

That's the plan! I'm no first timer, but I can sure shoot like one. :D

rimfire78
09-07-2010, 9:08 PM
I think so, but I know I've seen others in the last few months. I look because I traded a Franken AR straight across for one, (roughly $750) and she's a beauty. I put a muzzle brake on her, got me some +P's and the fun hasn't stopped!

ImYourPusherMan
09-07-2010, 9:09 PM
I beg to differ

I stand corrected. I am a dork, indeed. :p:o

The Sauce
09-07-2010, 9:21 PM
I think so, but I know I've seen others in the last few months. I look because I traded a Franken AR straight across for one, (roughly $750) and she's a beauty. I put a muzzle brake on her, got me some +P's and the fun hasn't stopped!
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad194/rimfire78/BIG.jpg

That muzzle break looks BAD!

rimfire78
09-07-2010, 9:25 PM
It makes her purr like a kitten ;) Probably has less kick than my 1911.

The Sauce
09-08-2010, 5:10 PM
Ok so I pulled the trigger today (so to speak). Black .44Mag Desert Eagle Mk XIX, $1025.

Time to start shopping for a .50AE barrel and mags!

Malthusian
09-08-2010, 8:49 PM
Get the barrel from Magnum research
There were some 10 inch barrels for sale here a couple of months ago
$1025 sounds pretty good

You might get lucky and find a barrel on Calguns
Things pop up all the time

The Sauce
09-08-2010, 9:22 PM
I saw the new barrel with the picatinny rail...DO NOT WANT.

WTSGDYBBR
09-08-2010, 9:36 PM
I gave that baby a nice home it is setting in my safe rate now LOL. It also came with a holster and a clip holder as well. I took the gun to the rage put 50 rounds in her no jams works bad *****

SOLD

Be patient my son

rimfire78
09-09-2010, 6:46 PM
Ha, congrats! You won't be disappointed.
Hey, if you guys are in SoCal, we should all meet up at angeles one weekend and make some noise!!!

The Sauce
09-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm down, i'm not far from LA, either.

WTSGDYBBR
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Would be fun . Never been there.

WTSGDYBBR
09-12-2010, 10:29 AM
The sauce found a good buy for you. XIX with 357 barrel and bolt chambered in 44 and you can buy the 50AE barrel at ammo brothers for this one.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=341532

The Sauce
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I saw that this morning and said "ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu".

I wanted it.