View Full Version : Need advice: FFL from home

09-07-2010, 10:38 AM

All this reading about getting a FFL license from home is making me very confused. I hope I can get a simple yes or no answer from fellow FFL holders on this website. First of all I'm in Los Angeles county, city of Rancho Palos Verdes to be exact. I read somewhere that LA county will not allow you to conduct firearm sales from your own home. However, the main purpose of me wanting a personal FFL is not to start a firearm business, but for personal PPTs or buying guns from in state or out of state dealers. I live almost an hour or two away from ammobros or riflegear, and I'm getting tired of driving there everytime for a PPT or buying OLL rifles. So is there a type of FFL license that I can apply in my situation? If there is one, do I still have to get a business license even though I won't be conducting a business, only PPT transfers. Thanks for the help

09-07-2010, 10:49 AM
A 01 FFL is for a business, not personal use. The only FFL for personal use is a C&R FFL.

You need to check with your City. LA County will not allow a home based business where people have to come to that location, but if you live in an actual city then the city rules apply.

I suspect the cost of getting all the licenses and permits will be more than any money that you would save.

09-07-2010, 11:20 AM
+1 for checking with your city department. I am in LA county with a home based FFL. No issues with my city at all. Good luck!