PDA

View Full Version : This is an AW??? sorry if dupe, plz link to thread

dieselpower
09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
If this is a dupe, plz link me to a thread so i can read the comments and determinations of others.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder

so this is a 410 AW shotgun?
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/02/09/taurus-rossi-circuit-judge/
http://http://www.rossiusa.com/2010newcatalog/?catalog_page=5

wash
09-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes, in CA The Judge is an "assault weapon".

but this question might have been better asked in the handgun forum or the second amendment forum.

CHS
09-07-2010, 11:04 AM
The Judge series of weapons are kind of a strange beast.

The Taurus Judge pistol is not an AW in California because it's not a shotgun. However, it is a short-barreled shotgun (yes, even though it's not a shotgun, it is a short barreled shotgun) due to differing definitions in the PC of shotgun vs. SBS.

The Circuit Judge, however, is not an SBS but it *IS* a shotgun. And since it has a revolving cylinder it is an AW.

So basically you can't have ANY of the Judge firearms in CA for two totally different reasons :)

CHS
09-07-2010, 11:05 AM

but this question might have been better asked in the handgun forum or the second amendment forum.

The Judge is an SBS, not an AW.

The OP is asking about the Circuit Judge, which is the rifle version, which is an AW.

dieselpower
09-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Its a carbine rifle that shoots a pistol cartridge or shotgun shell....so I fugured the best place would be a rifle forum. I didn't think this worthily of the 2ndA forum. I am not debating its legality, or questioning the law. I am asking if it has been. Its the same as asking about a saiga..its not a 2ndA forums question. Asking about the law surrounding it would be.

Thats what I fugure at least. YMMV

TKM
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM
That's not an assault weapon.

This is an assault weapon.http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7800025.0

dieselpower
09-07-2010, 12:20 PM
The Judge is an SBS, not an AW.

The OP is asking about the Circuit Judge, which is the rifle version, which is an AW.

Really...the Judge has been ruled a SBS...un freaking real..:willy_nilly:

Reality plays no part in our government does it. These people are wouldn't last 10 days in a non-government career. They would be fired for incompetence.

vta
09-07-2010, 1:16 PM
Really...the Judge has been ruled a SBS...un freaking real..:willy_nilly:

taurus should sell a version of the taurus with a shorter chamber so its 45colt only. just so those people here in CA who are jonesing to have one can finally stop asking.

ke6guj
09-07-2010, 1:20 PM
taurus should sell a version of the taurus with a shorter chamber so its 45colt only. just so those people here in CA who are jonesing to have one can finally stop asking.or go all out and make a smoothbore .410-only verson so we can get them in CA.

Jpach
09-07-2010, 2:24 PM
or go all out and make a smoothbore .410-only verson so we can get them in CA.

They would still be illegal, sadly.

ke6guj
09-07-2010, 2:33 PM
They would still be illegal, sadly.no, if they made it with a smoothbore, it would be an AOW. As an registered AOW, it would be exempt from CA's SBS law.

vta
09-07-2010, 2:35 PM
no, if they made it with a smoothbore, it would be an AOW. As an registered AOW, it would be exempt from CA's SBS law.

i guess it would be like a serbu super shorty.

ke6guj
09-07-2010, 2:36 PM
yup.

Jpach
09-07-2010, 3:04 PM
no, if they made it with a smoothbore, it would be an AOW. As an registered AOW, it would be exempt from CA's SBS law.

Ah I thought you were talking about the carbine in the OP.

Man that would be cool to make the pistol a smoothbore.

Do you know how much fun that would be?

ke6guj
09-07-2010, 3:14 PM
I was following up on the part of the conversation that stated that a pistol Judge was an SBS, and then the suggestion was that Taurus make a .45only version of the Judge (which would probably be just one of the other Taurus models)

I can see how it could be confusing.

Now, if vta was talking about Taurus making a .45LC-only version of the circuit judge, then that would be a cool idea.