PDA

View Full Version : Another DROS 30 days question. Used guns not PPT

bellwilliam
09-06-2010, 9:16 PM
Another one of those question

For handguns
New gun - limit 1 per 30 days
PPT - no limit

How about used guns, but not PPT ? A used gun that's on the safe list shipped to my FFL.

Thx

Cokebottle
09-06-2010, 9:23 PM
Dealer stock is treated the same as new.

Dealer stock includes everything except PPT and consignment.
When the FFL receives the gun for the transfer, it is logged into his bound book as "dealer stock" until the customer arrives to DROS it.

1-every-30?
Just get an 03FFL and a COE and fuggedaboutit ;)

CenterX
09-06-2010, 9:38 PM
Consignment can be 30 days - as the dealer if it was put into his stock listing.
If seller has become prohibited then FFL can not return it, then it goes into dealer stock.
Ask the FL you are working with for further clarification.

bellwilliam
09-06-2010, 9:43 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean dealer stock. But it is good to know that it is 1 per 30 days.

Say I am buying from another cal gunner and he is shipping it to my FFL. Or if I m buying a used gun from ed's public safety fro Georgia. A gun that's on the safe list.

Cokebottle
09-06-2010, 9:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean dealer stock. But it is good to know that it is 1 per 30 days.

Say I am buying from another cal gunner and he is shipping it to my FFL. Or if I m buying a used gun from ed's public safety fro Georgia. A gun that's on the safe list.
Yes.

If it is being shipped into the FFL, it is treated as dealer stock.

The only transfers that are exempt are PPT and (as mentioned, often) consignment.

Or, if you personally become exempt via 03FFL/COE.
I can go to Turners and purchase as many brand new handguns as my wife will allow ;)