PDA

View Full Version : Explain the H&K LEM trigger to me

KillZone45
09-06-2010, 5:58 PM
I have a USPc in 9mm, I read up on the LEM trigger, and I would like a bit more clarification. I am used to the XD DAO trigger, how does this compare?

Old4eyes
09-06-2010, 6:49 PM
The LEM in my HK_2000 has a long constant pressure where it finally has a small resistance at the sear release point. In a sense, it's kind of like the feel of a revolver. It is quite different from that of an XD, which I also shoot.

The XD has an easier pull to the break point.

Unfortunately, the HK is a gun that I do not shoot well. The POA is different from all of my other pistols and combined with the trigger, I am all over the place with it. The sites were off from the factory, that's been fixed and I still shoot poorly with it. It will require much more range time. Time well spent.

cineski
09-06-2010, 7:25 PM
To add, the reset of the LEM trigger (at least on certain models like the HK45) has an almost immediate reset where you can fire the pistol again. However, you can let the trigger out all the way before pulling it again, or pull it again at any point between the almost immediate reset and the trigger at full rest and still fire the weapon. This was the most effective way it was explained to me. Also, from what I understand, the P2000 has a longer reset. Please understand I've never owned one. I gathered this info from HK forum when I was an HK owner.

Psypher
09-06-2010, 8:41 PM
Cineski,

The P2000 does in fact have a longer trigger pull reset. You are infact correct sir.