PDA

View Full Version : AR-15

CGK60
09-06-2010, 6:18 PM
Well took out my AR with a plumbcrazy lower and blackthorne upper today and was getting a stove pipe about every 6th or 7th round in C- products 10 rounder. when i use my 80% lower it functions perfect. I know everybody going to give me heck for the upper but never had any problems like this before. Using wolf and tula 55 grainers. Looking to see if anybody has any ideas. I have another magazine a 10-20 rounder iv'e never used. may try the other magazine this week. Thanks.

vta
09-06-2010, 6:31 PM
its the perfect storm. the upper, lower and ammo when used alone have given people reliability issues. using them together, i would be surprised if it didnt have issues.

if using another lower eliminates the problem, seems to me it would be the plumcrazy.

Mrskylinetou
09-06-2010, 7:23 PM
I agree, yr just using the wrong stuff. Throw that steel case bi metal crap in the trash. PMC and lake city can be almost as cheap and run great. I understand that if yr stove piping u can have problems with yr gas transition, ie tube or bolt rings, can be alot of things, little or too much lube can be a problem, if its clean or not. If u get dirt or grit behind the extractor ut wont grab the brass as well... Alot of times if yr getting problems with just changing the lower change the buffer assembly to a all steel one:

http://www.ar15pro.com/content.aspx?ckey=AR15%20Parts%20Diagram%20Lower%2 0Receiver%20and%20Buttstock%20Assembly

Number 13

If u have a shorter buffer tube and a full sized upper the timing from the gas charge and the spring are off and wont function correctly, ie stove pipe... The way to correct that is to get the proper size buffer tube and part kit for it...

Its hard to guess with out seeing the gun so this is all speculation... but it will get us started.

IsaacGlass
09-06-2010, 8:07 PM
its the perfect storm. the upper, lower and ammo when used alone have given people reliability issues. using them together, i would be surprised if it didnt have issues.

if using another lower eliminates the problem, seems to me it would be the plumcrazy.

:iagree:It's a combination for operational failure.

orangeglo
09-06-2010, 10:14 PM
A stronger extractor and or a heavier buffer may help.

Stronger extractor spring might be enough enough to make sure they spend cartridges eject faster.

Heavier buffer might give it more time to eject.

I would try the other magazines first.