PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced ACR!!

titus7
09-06-2010, 5:53 PM
Any dealers in socal have enhanced ACR's that I can come check out this week?

tomd1584
09-06-2010, 6:00 PM
Riflegear did last week, might want to call them on Tuesday.

Colt-45
09-06-2010, 6:33 PM
Just a word of advice, be carefull do your homework and search around.

Don't buy the first one you see. Unless of course you got money to throw away. There's a significant price difference within the ACR enhanced model. I've seen them anywhere from 2250 to 3000!

Good luck and don't get raped.

titus7
09-06-2010, 6:47 PM
Yeah I've been watching them for over a year and checked them out at the Shot Show but that was 8 months ago. My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I'm thinking one of these. And I have no problem buying out of state to keep from getting raped. There are plenty of dealers out of state selling the enhanced already set up for Cali for a little less than $2500. And I already have an out of state FFL that will gladly handle the transfer.

But I would rather help out a dealer here in Cali if their pricing isn't rediculous

BMWguy206
09-06-2010, 6:53 PM
If you can just buy the basic ACR and get the folding stock from Bushmaster which is $149.00. You will have to pin the folding feature though. If you really want the rail hand guard though then you will have to buy the full enhanced version because Bushmaster doesn't sell that part yet on their site.

titus7
09-06-2010, 8:44 PM
Yeah I was hoping to find some pics on here or that someone would post up some pics of the ones that they have. Does anyone have any recommendations for sellers? I am looking for the coyote brown version

BMWguy206
09-06-2010, 9:11 PM
Here's a picture of my hybrid setup (Enhanced rail hand guard with basic fixed stock)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/jcaldito206/MISC/493e78a8.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/jcaldito206/MISC/570944f4.jpg

Same shots but with different lighting
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/jcaldito206/MISC/7f4925e1.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/jcaldito206/MISC/2867c9c7.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/jcaldito206/MISC/2a848812.jpg

titus7
09-06-2010, 9:18 PM
Wow pretty nice...How do you like it??

BMWguy206
09-06-2010, 9:46 PM
Wow pretty nice...How do you like it??

So far so good. I've only shot about 230 rounds through it (bench shooting and zeroing my optic) with no malfunctions but I will use it during a Falcon Security Group Tactical Rifle/Carbine training at the end of this month. I think that will be the real test.

The only downside is that the ACR is front heavy. Guess that means I just need to workout more then. Some people feel that the rail hand guard is bulky, which it is, but if you have larger hands it may not be a problem.

Again try to find a basic model ACR for less than $2000 if you can then just buy the folding stock from Bushmaster. Do you want the Enhanced Rail hand guard though?

titus7
09-06-2010, 9:57 PM
I would prefer to have the enhanced rail, handguard, and stock. Although I know that the stock cannot be folded but it is collapsible. But this is why I want to hold one again and check it out.

bomb_on_bus
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Man I just dont like the color mismatch. The same thing can be seen with the SCAR from FNH.

Is it something that is limited to non black ACRs or are they affected by the mismatch as well. And are they doing anything about fixing it or is it more of a camera effect.

titus7
09-06-2010, 10:44 PM
BMWguy206 how heavy are you talking compared to your AR?

BMWguy206
09-06-2010, 10:58 PM
BMWguy206 how heavy are you talking compared to your AR?

My AR feels like it's a 50/50 weight distribution ratio between the front and rear.

With the ACR it feels like 75/25 weight distribution.

If you're just going to do bench shooting the weight should be the least of your concerns. If you're going to take tactical rifle/carbine schools then you better be prepared.

titus7
09-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah I wasn't planning on doing any bench shooting with it at all. Hmm makes me wonder. I do have a couple of AR's but I was looking at these..well for the same reason everyone else is. And I know a lot of people will say to go Scar but it just wasn't for me.

BMWguy206
09-07-2010, 7:25 AM
Yeah I wasn't planning on doing any bench shooting with it at all. Hmm makes me wonder. I do have a couple of AR's but I was looking at these..well for the same reason everyone else is. And I know a lot of people will say to go Scar but it just wasn't for me.

I bought the ACR because I already had an AR15 and a 2nd lower receiver for future mid-length build. I wanted my 3rd rifle to be different and came down to the ACR.

Next on my list is a 1911, bolt action rifle, or an AR10.

BMWguy206
09-07-2010, 7:35 AM
Man I just dont like the color mismatch. The same thing can be seen with the SCAR from FNH.

Is it something that is limited to non black ACRs or are they affected by the mismatch as well. And are they doing anything about fixing it or is it more of a camera effect.

Unfortunately that's how it is for the coyote brown. In a way a I kind of regret getting that color because the upper painted part can get scratched and I haven't found a marker/pen to go over it.

pacrimguru
09-07-2010, 7:50 AM
i was a huge cheerleader for the ACR prior it coming out. after i got to handle one finally, i gotta say i was hugely disappointed with the weight distribution of it. the heavy front end is taxing on your support arm and the overall weight negates the heavy use of polymer in its construction.

bmw, let us know how you like it after your tactical class. i'm still holding out some bit of hope that BM will issue a lightweight profile barrel sometime in the future. not holding my breath though.

titus7
09-07-2010, 8:09 AM
It cant be heavier than a AR10 right? I wonder how it compares to a piston AR...as far as weight. Does anyone have any more pics of their ACR's?? Has anyone ran one through a class that would like to report on how it did? Any failures malfunction?

BMWguy206
09-07-2010, 8:24 AM
It cant be heavier than a AR10 right? I wonder how it compares to a piston AR...as far as weight. Does anyone have any more pics of their ACR's?? Has anyone ran one through a class that would like to report on how it did? Any failures malfunction?

There's a guy on youtube that is experiencing many FTEs and stovepipes. Someone said the bolt carrier is cycling too fast and recommended to use the suppressed setting. He's the only person that I know that's experiencing some issues.

BMWguy206
09-07-2010, 8:26 AM
i was a huge cheerleader for the ACR prior it coming out. after i got to handle one finally, i gotta say i was hugely disappointed with the weight distribution of it. the heavy front end is taxing on your support arm and the overall weight negates the heavy use of polymer in its construction.

bmw, let us know how you like it after your tactical class. i'm still holding out some bit of hope that BM will issue a lightweight profile barrel sometime in the future. not holding my breath though.

I hear ya! When I first held it I thought to myself that it wasn't that bad and not heavy at all. Well I went back to hold my DDM4 it almost felt like it lost a lot of weight but it only felt that way because I was use to holding the ACR.

Dhena81
09-07-2010, 9:53 AM
Is there an ambi bolt catch? I thought there was a ambi charging handle it looks like its only on one side and the ACR barrel only comes in 1/9 right. Sorry guys I haven't handled one. What's the range report?

BMWguy206
09-07-2010, 9:56 AM
Is there an ambi bolt catch? I thought there was a ambi charging handle it looks like its only on one side and the ACR barrel only comes in 1/9 right. Sorry guys I haven't handled one. What's the range report?

Yes it has an ambi bolt catch/release. The charging handle is ambi but you have to remove the handle and swap it to the other side.

titus7
09-07-2010, 11:07 AM
If you had to do it over again would you buy one again

BMWguy206
09-07-2010, 1:00 PM
If you had to do it over again would you buy one again

Yes but I would've bought it at a later date when it's cheaper (I won it on an auction and was hoping to get outbid) and I would've bought the basic version with an enhanced folding stock.

titus7
09-07-2010, 3:02 PM
Good point especially since they release the enhanced forearms and stocks real cheap, they even have an ACR soft case on their website now.

X-NewYawker
09-07-2010, 3:03 PM
ACR in stock at Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley

JaredJamison1
09-07-2010, 3:31 PM
I know you're in SoCal but you can consider this NorCal Dealer as well. ACR Basic is $2,500 with the enhanced running at $2,700.
http://tracyrifleandpistol.com/gun_store/

evollep3
09-07-2010, 5:46 PM
to be honest the acr is ok like Jerry said its over marketed you can build a simular AR and have a much more balance rifle plus that 2 tone is hugh turn off for me

titus7
09-07-2010, 6:16 PM
Yeah I am still looking and trying to decide but it is definately on a small list of wants as far as tactical rifles go. We'll see, you all got me thinkin twice about it though because if it really is that heavy than I would rather wait a little bit and see if they lighten it up a bit.

X-NewYawker
09-07-2010, 10:53 PM
This thread has convinced me I was right to sh*tcan all my ARS this week. I'm cycling back around to bolt action rifles. The SCAR and ACR are no better than the fine ARs that Randall or Chris at Addax can make, for less price with more performance and accuracy... My Steyr SSG 08 is on the way...

richzmn
09-09-2010, 9:13 AM
I bought a black one when they first came out. I really like it. I made it featureless with a solar tactical grip and a yankee hill compensator.

Not front heavy! Very well balanced.

No failures

I just got a tan one off GB from Utah for $1900

richzmn
09-09-2010, 9:15 AM
The tan color is not like any photo I've seen. It looks better in person!

BMWguy206
09-09-2010, 9:26 AM
I bought a black one when they first came out. I really like it. I made it featureless with a solar tactical grip and a yankee hill compensator.

No failures

I just got a tan one off GB from Utah for $1900

You must have strong arms then or you really know how to handle the ACR! As for me I got use to the weight.

I'm making mine featureless also with a Surefire MB556K brake but waiting for it to arrive. The solar tactical grip is sitting on my desk.

BMWguy206
09-09-2010, 9:38 AM
The tan color is not like any photo I've seen. It looks better in person!

+1

It's personal preference but yeah it doesn't bother me.

WW2Buff
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
It does look better in person but I was totally turned off to the weight distribution the first time I picked it up. I've handled them a few times but cannot get used to it. If I had to pick between the two "cool" new FDE rifles I would lean towards the SCAR due to it's weight. I do really like the look of the rifles posted here and if you can handle the weight, more power to you. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to that stuff... -Ben

pacrimguru
09-09-2010, 10:36 AM

you got popeye forearms or something?! LOL

richzmn
09-09-2010, 5:11 PM
I must be super strong or something? It feels perfect to me. I had a Sig ER whcih felt nose heavy. The ACR never felt heavy to me, my nephew had the same opinion. I'm only 6 ft, my arms are normal? I never shoot sitting, only standing. A earlier post had a weight ratio of 75/25, no way that guy must be smoking something.

I'm holding my ACR now, it feels perfect. I must the genes, half german/ half nebraskan. Perfectly balanced just like my two ACR's!

you got popeye forearms or something?! LOL

BMWguy206
09-09-2010, 5:19 PM
I must be super strong or something? It feels perfect to me. I had a Sig ER whcih felt nose heavy. The ACR never felt heavy to me, my nephew had the same opinion. I'm only 6 ft, my arms are normal? I never shoot sitting, only standing. A earlier post had a weight ratio of 75/25, no way that guy must be smoking something.

I'm holding my ACR now, it feels perfect. I must the genes, half german/ half nebraskan. Perfectly balanced just like my two ACR's!

I was the one that said 75/25 but I did not physically weight both the upper and lower but it's so obvious that the lower is so light because of it's polymer construction. The upper part is noticeably heavier because of the piston design and the quick release mechanism of the barrel.

Perhaps I should've said 60/40 and last thing is that I don't smoke. :D

richzmn
09-09-2010, 5:31 PM
You said it felt like 75/25 weight distribution. It's OK if you smoke, we don't need to know. Also just take your ACR and use it to do some curls with your left arm, your other arm should be fine. Then you'll be able to hold the ACR like a man.

My AR feels like it's a 50/50 weight distribution ratio between the front and rear.

With the ACR it feels like 75/25 weight distribution.

If you're just going to do bench shooting the weight should be the least of your concerns. If you're going to take tactical rifle/carbine schools then you better be prepared.

pacrimguru
09-09-2010, 6:27 PM

that explains it, the sig er is a beast too. have you held a lightweight AR? big balance/weight difference between both the sig and acr.

ArkinDomino
09-09-2010, 8:55 PM
The ACR is nose heavy. I don't think anybody needs to be inebriated by some wacky plants to see this. My SR15 AR weighs less than 8 lbs without a mag and its perfectly balanced. My buddies BCM weighs about 9.5 lbs and that too is perfectly balanced (even with a UBR!). The ACR's weight wouldn't be an issue if it weren't all in its nose.

richzmn
09-09-2010, 9:55 PM
Yes, I've had a couple sigs, stag, daniel defense and a couple lwrc's in the past couple years and I prefer the ACR. I wasn't into all the hype and bs surrounding the price or who was making it. When it came out I got one at a fair price. I liked it so much that I bought a tan one a couple weeks ago. I plan to buy all the parts and kits for the ACR in the future. So you guys have your favs and I have mine. My opinion in my head is I don't see an issue and figure everyone else with this issue are lightweights. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

that explains it, the sig er is a beast too. have you held a lightweight AR? big balance/weight difference between both the sig and acr.

richzmn
09-09-2010, 10:01 PM
"Wacky plants"? I figured he was weak from smoking cigarettes?

The ACR is nose heavy. I don't think anybody needs to be inebriated by some wacky plants to see this. My SR15 AR weighs less than 8 lbs without a mag and its perfectly balanced. My buddies BCM weighs about 9.5 lbs and that too is perfectly balanced (even with a UBR!). The ACR's weight wouldn't be an issue if it weren't all in its nose.

pacrimguru
09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
So you guys have your favs and I have mine. My opinion in my head is I don't see an issue and figure everyone else with this issue are lightweights. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

fair enough, rock on! i want to get an ACR down the line sometime in the distant future.

titus7
09-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Yep good for you guys that have them and I definately plan on having one by the end of the year but I've decided to get something else for my Bday. I still like the ACR though

Capt. Speirs
09-10-2010, 8:46 AM
The big turn off for me is that you can not change the grip.

josh8a
09-13-2010, 7:03 AM
i'm looking into building an ACR myself, any suggestions for a good website/ store to go to? i live in ontario, ca
would really appreciate the input

thanks guys
happy shootingggg

pacrimguru
09-13-2010, 9:08 AM
i'm looking into building an ACR myself, any suggestions for a good website/ store to go to? i live in ontario, ca
would really appreciate the input

thanks guys
happy shootingggg

there's not really anything to build on an ACR. they just come complete.

bondmid003
09-13-2010, 5:50 PM
pacrimguru is right, these are sold in parts yet. As a complete rifle is the only way their sold as of right now.

MrPlink
09-14-2010, 3:41 AM
pacrimguru is right, these are sold in parts yet. As a complete rifle is the only way their sold as of right now.

whats the point of buying it in parts? Its not like you can swap the upper out with an AR type.
In which case, what would the point be of selling it in parts?