PDA

View Full Version : CZ 97b, WHy not?

BigJB
09-06-2010, 4:26 PM
I like the price, look, feel, and capacity. Handsome classy gun.

I have yet to find one for rent at any of the ranges.

Can I find a decent used one for $500? Or am I dreaming?

Any reason not get one?

I want a gun I can afford, I want it to be accurate, I don't want anything that looks remotely tactical.

Quiet
09-06-2010, 4:32 PM
I sold my used (95%) CZ97B in the WTS forum over two years ago for $480.
Sold it because the grip was too thick/bulky for me (made a Glock 21 feel slim).

So, it is possible to find one in your price range. Just keep looking.

!@#$
09-06-2010, 4:47 PM
most don't feed JHP...

BigJB
09-06-2010, 4:55 PM
I have big hands, like the way grip feels. Was not aware most don't feed JHP. Not a deal breaker, as I don't shoot JHP, but good to know

Jeff P
09-06-2010, 5:20 PM
Keep looking, you will find one. I came a cross my 97B used at a local shop. The orginal owner said, it was to big for his hand. I shoot RN ammo all day long and I am very please with the grouping.

spencerhut
09-06-2010, 5:28 PM
most don't feed JHP...

I thought that was fixed like two years ago?

MilSim
09-06-2010, 7:18 PM
I want the same thing, I have big hands so the grip doesn't bother me. As for hollow points I use PDX1 in my 45's and its almost as round as a FMJ. This eliminated feeding probs in the 1911's. I have a CZ75 Sp-01 9mm and its awesome, seriously considering going all CZ.

BigJB
09-07-2010, 8:27 AM
I've looked into the FTF since last night, I guess CZ will fix any problems for free. They change angle of feed ramp, polish, etc

How is the trigger on these?

WaR_ClouD-VII
09-07-2010, 8:58 AM
Firing Line Burbank has one for rent. That's probably a ways from where you are tho. I've shot it, it's not a bad gun but, it's really heavy.

sd_shooter
09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Firing Line Burbank has one for rent. That's probably a ways from where you are tho. I've shot it, it's not a bad gun but, it's really heavy.

Heavy compared to what, a squirt gun?

Heavy gun = less perceived recoil.

paul0660
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
it's really heavy.

11 rounds of .45 ready to go...........no wonder.

dfletcher
09-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I bought mine about 8 years ago. It feeds everything fine, I know a few other owners and they report the same results. The 97 takes Witness magazines also, the MecGars work fine some other brands may not I suppose.

BigJB
09-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Heavy compared to what, a squirt gun?

Heavy gun = less perceived recoil.

Easier for me to hold steady as well.

I like heavy, I do not intend to use it for a CCW

BigJB
09-07-2010, 12:22 PM
I bought mine about 8 years ago. It feeds everything fine, I know a few other owners and they report the same results. The 97 takes Witness magazines also, the MecGars work fine some other brands may not I suppose.

Are any other of the Witness' goodies interchangeable with the 97b? I know they make quite a bit of farkles for the Witness, comps and barrels, triggers and stuff.

bruss01
09-07-2010, 1:24 PM
Try the DA trigger pull. If it's not too much of a reach for you, you may have a winner.

I have one and love it... but yes, I have noticed that wide mouth HP's do sometimes have a problem feeding. The Remington's with a narrow cavity seem better. Haven't tried the new Hornady's with the plastic plug, but those might work as well. It's not a great CCW gun but it is accurate. I like the 10 round mags in a steel frame pistol. If your tastes run similar you might be pleased with one.

dfletcher
09-07-2010, 5:15 PM
Are any other of the Witness' goodies interchangeable with the 97b? I know they make quite a bit of farkles for the Witness, comps and barrels, triggers and stuff.

Don't know, I haven't fiddled with the 97 as much as I have the EAA Witness. I have an older EAA in 9mm & 41 AE, it's a small frame. But you just made the thought cross my mind - would an EAA large framed barrel in 10mm or 38 Super work on a 97B frame? My guess is no, but it would be nice if it worked.