PDA

View Full Version : Help for 1-4 Scope mount for AR ?

danieldangz
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
After extensive reading all the reviews, I decide to go with the Nikon Monarch African 1-4 x 20. Burris PERP or Primary Extend deluxe scope mount?
Primary Extend deluxe scope mount is cheaper than Burris scope mount if i decide to go with the Scope + mount package from Primary Arm......

My dilemma is which mount I should pick?

Thanks

CoyoteHunter555
09-06-2010, 2:27 PM
Either will work. The extra $20-$30 is for the railed ring tops and sturdier build. I would go with the PEPR to keep my options open. Great mount

danieldangz
09-06-2010, 7:24 PM
Thanks CoyoteHunter555. Then PEPR it is.
Which type I should get ? 30mm or 1" type

RobG
09-06-2010, 8:52 PM
You have to get what fits your scope tube.

CoyoteHunter555
09-07-2010, 6:37 AM
Thanks CoyoteHunter555. Then PEPR it is.
Which type I should get ? 30mm or 1" type

the 20mm Objective has the 1" tube

danieldangz
09-07-2010, 7:06 AM
Thanks for the inputs

Flat Broke
09-07-2010, 4:18 PM
FWIW, SWFA has the m223 1-4 with a PEPR for $289ish. If you're only going ot go with the 20mm setup anyhow, this may be a better play. Unless you're going for the 30mm African setup, which I think runs around $760.

Chris

danieldangz
09-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks Flat broke. Primary Arms has the Nikon Monarch African 1-4 for about $219 and the PEPR mount is $69. That comes out about the same price range. I read some articles that states the M223 uses the same glass as Monarch. I just can't find reviews for M223 anyhow, but alot of good review for Monarch. If you guys have any experiences with these two scopes. Please helps me to decide.

wash
09-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Two other low cost mounts that might be worth looking in to are the RRA Hi-Rise cantilever and the Nikon M223 mount.

I am leaning toward getting an RRA but I like the lines of the Nikon.

Flat Broke
09-10-2010, 9:53 AM
Are you running backup irons? If so, I'd really look into a qr solution like a LaRue or ADM. Yes they cost more, but in the end, you have a more flexible solution.

Chris

CoyoteHunter555
09-10-2010, 2:27 PM
Are you running backup irons? If so, I'd really look into a qr solution like a LaRue or ADM. Yes they cost more, but in the end, you have a more flexible solution.

Chris

How can you afford em? You're flat broke

Flat Broke
09-10-2010, 3:18 PM
How can you afford em? You're flat broke

rdr^2 :D

Because at the moment I only have 1 complete AR. I built my first one and tried a couple "less expensive" options only to realize that the buy once, cry once reality is inescapable.

The only questionable part on my AR is the Leatherwood CMR, and that is only because I wanted to try out the reticle to see if I absolutely had to have something like it, or if I could start saving up to drop coin on a TR24 to replace the Leatherwood in my LT104.

I'm flat broke because of my hobbies, not my lot in life.

Chris

danieldangz
09-10-2010, 6:04 PM
ha ha ha . . .

That hobby thing is gonna flat broke all of us. I'm a newbie in this AR15 things, but with this hobby, I just spend time and time in this forum looking for advises and good deals to complete my first real AR. I bought the Umarex 22 AR from Tunner a few months ago before I get to know this forum. Wish to know this forum early before I decided to get the Umarex though. Buyers Remorse ...I guess... Anyway, I almost complete my first AR though. Can't wait to get the complete lower from Riflegear and install the BCM middy upper that I got from BCM during their summer sale. After all the research and advise from you guys, I just pull the trigger on the Nikon Monarch 1-4x20 with the primary arms deluxe extend mount (can't get the burris PEPR, all out of stock). I'm not planning getting the BUIS though.
Wish to get Larue, GG&G, or AD mount, but I can't justify and afford $$ for a mount. Thanks you guys for all your advises