View Full Version : C&R pistol import?

09-06-2010, 8:30 AM
For a C&R qualified pistol, I need which 2 licenses and could I use the licenses to purchase a C&R pistol while out of state and import it back to CA? Does anyone know if C&R pistols are roster exempt and do I have to have the C&R licenses to purchase one in the standard manner (ship to local FFL and purchase with 10 day wait)?

09-06-2010, 9:07 AM
If you are out of state all you need is your C&R license. You need to fill out the form when you bring the pistol into CA and send them $19. The C&R pistols are roster exempt. Out of state no need for a CA FFL01, in state no 10 day wait with FFL03 & COE.

09-06-2010, 2:30 PM
Do I need any licenses to purchase a C&R handgun and have it sent to my local FFL for transfer (I'll just wait the 10 days if need be)?

09-06-2010, 2:58 PM
If you pay for a C&R handgun and have it shipped to your local FFL to have it DROSed to you, it is the same as buying any handgun from the FFL. No special licenses needed if you are transfering a C&R handgun through an FFL, you just need the normal stuff that is required to purchase any handgun.