PDA

View Full Version : Grayguns Sig reset/trigger mods, anyone have it done?

Havoc70
09-06-2010, 6:35 AM
I've been seriously considering sending my Sig off to Grayguns for a trigger reset and pull mod. I was wondering if anyone here had their work done on their pistol or has first hand knowledge of anyone who did? If so, was it quality work?

yzernie
09-06-2010, 6:59 AM
I'm assuming (I know, bad choice of words!!) you currently have a standard trigger set up and not the SRT package in your Sig? If so, you'll notice a substantial difference.

Have never sent one of my Sigs to Grays but I have shot one of my customers guns that went there for the work you describe above. It was a nice clean trigger pull and the reset was cut down substantially....it has been a while since I shot it but I want to say the reset is a little nit shorter than the current Sig SRT system.

Grays has a great reputation and I have seriously thought about sending my P220 stainless there for the 10mm conversion. Their work is not cheap but they do quality work and I know I'd be willing to pay a bit more just based upon thir reputation.

halifax
09-06-2010, 7:06 AM
Send with confidence. Grayguns did the same to my P245. Very pleased with workmanship and turnaround.

Havoc70
09-06-2010, 8:05 AM
Awesome. Yah, it's the completely stock trigger assembly. The DA pull is insane, anything that helps reduce it would be awesome. I think I'll schedule a reservation for 'em.

Havoc70
09-06-2010, 1:36 PM
Sent them an e-mail, said I wanted to be put on a work slot wait list to minimize away time for my pistol. Their response was to expect to ship it to them the beginning of November. So, guess I need to buy another pistol before then :). I may buy my fiance one, she's been wanting one for a while.

Nothing says "I love you" like a handgun, it's the gift that gives forever :).

teIam
09-06-2010, 3:15 PM
For you guys who have had something like the "Reduced Reset Comprehensive Duty Package", what was the turnaround like after you shipped the gun off?

9mmepiphany
09-06-2010, 9:40 PM
Graygun's is the finest Sig tuner available and when you go for the whole package the transformation really is outstanding. I've handled about 20 of them and shot over 10 different ones. the 10mm conversion really is a work of art and I doubt he made any money on the first batch at all.

Havoc70 - what are you having done to your Sig?

teIam - I can't believe how they keep their turn around time as short as they do. It varies, depending how busy they are at the time, but the last I heard it was 6-8 weeks. Part of their turn around time is also dependent on Bruce's teaching/competition schedule

Havoc70
09-07-2010, 5:34 AM
Probably the competition reset package, even though I may not ever compete with it, but I want the reduced trigger pull and I don't know if the duty package would do that or not and the price difference isn't all that great.

mtenenhaus
09-07-2010, 8:30 AM
Give Bruce, Roy or Torrie a call, They're all fantastic. They'll spend time with you and go through the options, alternatives, costs, timelines etc. I've been incredibly pleased with the quality of their work and their attention to detail. If you have a problem they'll work with you.

ruddogg
09-07-2010, 3:08 PM
How does the Grayguns ($300) trigger job compare to the Sig SRT ($100)? Is it worth the $200 extra? I was about to get the Sig SRT installed later this month at On Target.

Scorpiusdeus
09-07-2010, 3:14 PM
I've done two Sigs with Grayguns and I would not do it again.

I started off emailing and got very odd responses. The vast majority of my questions remained unanswered after three or four attempts. I was getting some cut and paste stock replies sprinkled with original content.

One of my concerns was time as I had a few matches I wanted to shoot.

I was given a time estimate and off they went.

After the estimated time came and went... and went... and went, I attempted to contact Grayguns. Emails went unanswered for two weeks. Phone messages went unanswered for about a month. I was assured by everyone who'd ever done business with Bruce that everything would be o.k. Don't worry, quality work takes time ect.

After finally getting some responses I was told no less than three times my guns were done and going out the next day. More weeks passed. More unanswered emails.

Long story slightly less long...

I got the guns back many month past the estimated time. This was NOT during their move by the way.

I was happy with the work, but I was given so many different stories by both Scott and Bruce it was obvious that they either didn't know where my guns were or that they were stalling. I was once told "I'm sending these out today personally". I didn't happen. Too many lies, too many excuses. At the prices he charges, I expected much more in the way of service.

I will say that the work was done exactly as I'd asked. In the end, I was happy with the end result, but I will not do business with them again.

I had a chance to shoot a friends Sig P226 with the SRT package. We could not tell the difference between his and mine.

He paid about a quarter of what I paid.

That's my Grayguns experience.

Take it for what it's worth.

9mmepiphany
09-07-2010, 3:19 PM
the SRT isn't a trigger job. it's just a parts exchange to shorten the reset distance for followup SA shots...so yes the GGI CSR or RRCD package is worth $200 more than the SRT

If you add the SRT to the factory ACP, you'd be about half way there

9mmepiphany
09-07-2010, 3:22 PM
I had a chance to shoot a friends Sig P226 with the SRT package. We could not tell the difference between his and mine
I will say, I've never heard that one before, I've always found the differences quite apparent

ruddogg
09-07-2010, 3:43 PM
thanks guys for the advice.

Scorpiusdeus
09-08-2010, 1:01 PM
I will say, I've never heard that one before, I've always found the differences quite apparent

I believe you are a more skilled shooter than I am, perhaps in your hands there would be a noticeable difference, but in mine and my buddy's, it just wasn't there.

Don't take this ti mean that I don't appreciate the improvement, it's just that I'm not feeling like I got my money's worth and when you add in the run around that I got.... Well, I can't say that I'm impressed.

I'm well aware that many people love Bruce and his work, I wish I could say that I felt the same.

BigRich
09-08-2010, 6:53 PM
I have had three guns done by Grayguns and they are all outstanding. He managed to improve the trigger weight, feel and reset on my X5 9mm Comp. Talk about gilding the lily. I will agree that the time estimates are just that, estimates. I was not in a hurry so it worked well for me. I have a 220ST in a box getting ready to go to him. It will get a full house trigger job, a medium length trigger with overtravel stop and new sights. Maybe a BarSto barrel.

freonr22
09-08-2010, 7:05 PM
Tag for st outcome. How much$