PDA

View Full Version : Alameda County Superior Court Judge

dwtt
05-13-2006, 3:26 PM
Hi everyone,
I was looking at my absentee ballot and wanted to ask if anyone knows if any of the candidates for superior court are pro 2nd A. The only one that looks promising is Kathy Mount, who's endorsed by a lot of the police chiefs in the east bay. Also, she's endorsed by police associations of several east bay police departments. So, is being endorsed by police and mayors of several cities make a candidate for the superior court a good thing or a bad thing for gun owners?

Also, there's Dennis Hayashi, who has a background in affirmative action and asian legal issues. He served as the director of the Office of Civil Rights in the Clinton administration, and has a background in civil rights law. If his philosophy is like the ACLU, which claims to protect people's civil rights, then I as a gun owner would not want him as a judge. Anyway, anyone know anything else about the candidates for Alameda County Superior Court?

jdberger
05-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Great questions. I don't know any of these people. It makes me crazy.

SevenSixTwo
05-14-2006, 12:31 AM
I work for Alameda County... alot of times, especially around these parts, police chiefs and sheriffs tend not to be the biggest pro-2A people in the world. I know many of them hold the belief that cops should have guns and not the public. Sheriff Plummer for example only issues carry permits to prominent business people in the community and judges/DAs. He won't even grant his deputies letterhead to purchase ARs for patrol or law enforcement services assignments. Instead we... I mean they, have to check them out from the station and futz with the sights to get them to the correct zero. There is word they might be getting letterhead approval in the near future but so far nothing has been confirmed.

I'll ask around work about these folks going for judge, somebody always knows something.