PDA

View Full Version : which should i get; and can i legally get the the one with the vertical foregrip

bob7122
09-05-2010, 6:23 PM
wasr 10 or wasr 10 63 with vertical wooden foregrip. this is still in my wishlist but not sure what i want i like the wooden vertical foregrip look and feel. is it legal to buy the WASR 10 63 in AZ then i could get a "fixed" magazine button then brought to the CA? and right now i don't feel like building an ak i just want to buy it made already.

none of my posts are legal advice or going to be applied in the real world they are pure speculation.

Quiet
09-05-2010, 11:28 PM
You can buy the firearm in AZ. But, you can not legally take possession of it.
After you buy it, it needs to be shipped to a CA FFL dealer. The firearm needs to be made CA legal prior to shipping to the CA FFL dealer.
Once it arrives at the CA FFL dealer, you will have to DROS/4473 it and wait 10 days before taking possession of it.

A WASR10 or WASR10/63 with forward vertical grip will need a magazine lock and the use of a 10 round magazine to be made CA legal.

bob7122
09-05-2010, 11:38 PM
what if i get AZ residency or a relative or friend does hypothetically and they hypothetically add a magazine lock and a ten round mag can they give it to me as a gift?

none of my posts are legal advice or going to be applied in the real world they are pure speculation.

Quiet
09-05-2010, 11:44 PM
what if i get AZ residency or a relative or friend does hypothetically and they hypothetically add a magazine lock and a ten round mag can they give it to me as a gift?

FEDERAL LAWS require firearm transfers between non-licensed residents of different states to be done through a FFL dealer in the recipiant's state of residence.

An AZ resident or AZ FFL dealer can modify the WASR to be CA legal, then ship it to a CA FFL dealer. Where you will DROS/4473 and do the 10 day wait for it.

If an AZ resident gave/sold the WASR to you without having it transfered through a CA FFL dealer, both you and the AZ resident would have committed FEDERAL felonies.

bob7122
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
thank you, ffl dealer here i come and im gon follow the rules; im too small to go to prison

JagerTroop
09-05-2010, 11:53 PM
FEDERAL LAWS require firearm transfers between non-licensed residents of different states to be done through a FFL dealer in the recipiant's state of residence.

An AZ resident or AZ FFL dealer can modify the WASR to be CA legal, then ship it to a CA FFL dealer. Where you will DROS/4473 and do the 10 day wait for it.

If an AZ resident gave/sold the WASR to you without having it transfered through a CA FFL dealer, both you and the AZ resident would have committed FEDERAL felonies.

What about a intrafamilial transfer?

ETA** Nevermind. I just found my answer. HERE (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=180727)

bob7122
09-06-2010, 1:04 PM
perfect

bob7122
09-08-2010, 5:56 PM
bump