PDA

View Full Version : Flash hider - Vlto, POF or Battlecomp

japps
09-05-2010, 6:19 PM
I was looking for a flashhider and really like the Battlecomp, but is it worth the extra $90? I can get the Vltor or POF for $60-$70 as opposed to $150 for the Battlecomp. Also, I can't really find any reviews or opinions on the Vltor VC-1 or especially on the 3-port POF. Anyone have an opinion on the POF or Vltor?

SubSonicSOPMOD
09-05-2010, 6:35 PM
Had the vltor and loved it, the slots make a cool ringing like on kill bill when they pull there swords out when you drop the bolt carrier. I traded it up for a battle comp though and like it better, more function. There's very little recoil and muzzle rise, pretty much none. And the selling point is it doesn't have the concussion that muzzle brakes have. So it's win win. It does make a little ball of fire at the tip of my muzzle though, my brother says it looks cool so eh , I'm not exactly doing night ops on the reg

bomb_on_bus
09-05-2010, 6:44 PM
I have the older POF style hider and dont really care for them too much. They do a good job keeping flash down somewhat but dont eliminate it all together. Also they arent a great compensator but follow up shots are still easy.

As for the new one that POF offers I was heading that direction until I looked into the battle comp. Now its down to do I really want to shell out 150.00 for a .308 and a 5.56 from POF to get the new style, or do I want to shell out 400.00 for the 5.56 and .308 from battle comp.

I think I am waiting to see how the POF new design works before shelling out 400.00 on the battle comps.

BMWguy206
09-05-2010, 6:48 PM
Battlecomp is NOT a flash hider and is advertised as a compensator. I have a Battle Comp. on my DDM4 and there's flash out of the muzzle.

If you want a flash hider I recommend the YHM 5C2 or AAC Blackout.

badicedog
09-05-2010, 7:04 PM
What he said..,

japps
09-05-2010, 7:36 PM
thanks for the responses. I meant FH/compensators. I'm actually not too concerned with the flash and only moderately concerned with compensation (it's a .223 for god sake) but am concerned with noise. A buddy had the Noveske and although it looks a little goofy on a 16" barrel...it sends the blast down range so shooting next to him isn't bad at all. Overall though...I'm shopping for looks/functionality. So wheras some compensators might work...if they look ugly I'll pass. (I'm shallow, yes I know). So I narrowed it down to these three...and I really like the Battlecomp...M4Carbine has some great write ups from users...but the $150 cost is making me pause. Plus I really just don't hear anything on the POF or Vltor.

santacruzstefan
09-05-2010, 9:51 PM
I know you didn't ask about it, but I'll put the word in for my AAC blackout. It works really well, and is aesthetically pleasing. Plus, at $100 or less, its a decent price. Also, you can get the threaded version, so if you ever move to a free state you can get an AAC suppressor on it. Plus, the threads look pretty cool.

steve2071
09-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I've got a few Vltor VC-1's on a few of my AR's, all of which are fixed mag rifles, so the thought has never crossed my mind, but...

These are sold as "Vltor VC-1 Compensator." Are these considered compensators or flash hiders? They seem too close to FH for comfort. I'm just curious.

Jpach
09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I would go with the battecomp. It really does seem to be worth it. Many users cant feel any more blast than they do from an A2 FH but they get a LOT more control of the muzzle climb and recoil. Its pricey but I personally wouldnt go any other way.

SFFRONTMAN
09-05-2010, 11:27 PM
After using one for the first time last week, my vote would be for the battlecomp. Yea its that great.

Dhena81
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I can't wait for the battlecomp 1.5 to come out for 14.5" barrels. To me it seems like the battlecomp is the poor mans KAC 3TAP.

btaksier
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I have a battlecomp and its awesome!

japps
09-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Damn it...this site costs me so much money. Ok, ok Battlecomp it is...

bomb_on_bus
09-06-2010, 2:01 PM
You should not jump on battle comp until you hear about the others. Thats at least what I am doing. I wanted to go POF but havent heard of much praise other then seeing it in action on their website.

It might be worth it to at least look at the videos show boating the POF compensator.

C_1
09-06-2010, 2:05 PM
If you want a flash hider that works, the AAC Blackout and Smith Enterprise Vortex, are considered top notch.

But the BattleComp is cool too. Post pics when you get it :)

ArkinDomino
09-06-2010, 3:04 PM
Waiting for the Battlecomp for 14.5s here too... It'll top off my new middy BCM.