PDA

View Full Version : Former Californian looking to move back

Raichle 9
09-05-2010, 5:21 PM
Hello,

I used to live in San Diego County (1970-1998) and Contra Costa (1965-1970).

I moved to Missouri in 1998 to take a job. Now I'm looking to get back to California (applied to some jobs in the Bay Area).

When I left California in 1998, I had the following firearms: HK P7 M13, two Mini 14 GBs and a Remington 870 Marine Magnum.

Since 1998 I have sold the following: HK P7M13 and the two Mini 14 GBs.

Since 1998 I have purchased the following:

Pistols
2 Glock 19 3rd Gen
Ruger Mark II Target

Rifles:
Arsenal SLR 95
Norinco SKS-M (detachable magazines)
Norinco MAK 90 Sporter
two Saiga 308-1
Remington 700 BDL DM
Remington 7400 Woodmaster
Winchester 70 SA HV
Colt AR-15 SP-1
Winchester 9422 XTR

Shotguns
Still have the Remington 870 Marine Magnum
FN Tactical Police Shotgun (pump with AR type sights)
Saiga 12

I have read the different faqs on Calguns for the last year. Please let me know if I understand the current California situation.

I would have to sell the Arsenal SLR 95, Norinco SKS-M, Norinco MAK-90, Colt AR-15 SP-1 and the Saiga 12 before moving back to California.

I could bring with me the Remington 7400 Woodmaster and the two Saiga 308-1s.

I've enjoyed being in Missouri, lots of opportunities to shoot, but greatly miss California. I want to make sure I don't violate any laws with the relocation back there in the next year.

Thanks,

Raichle 9

anthonyca
09-05-2010, 5:26 PM
Have you downloaded and studied the flowcharts at the top of the page? They are the most well written and easy ways to navigate the web of laws.

Raichle 9
09-05-2010, 5:34 PM
Have you downloaded and studied the flowcharts at the top of the page? They are the most well written and easy ways to navigate the web of laws.

I have read the flow chart a number of times. It is an excellent guide.

I know from the DOJ site that the Arsenal, Norinco, and Colt are named firearms that are not permitted. The Saiga 12, though not named, cannot be imported because of the magazine.

The murky area for me is the Saiga 308 and the Remington 7400 Woodmaster. It doesn't have any evil features nor is it listed under Roberti Roos or Kasler.

I've seen both for sale at gun stores in So Cal when I visit relatives. But seeing things at shops and actually owning them are different things.

Should I sell those rifles as well before returning to California?

Raichle 9

zeke2517
09-05-2010, 9:19 PM
Stay out, to keep your guns and your rights!!
lol

ke6guj
09-05-2010, 9:27 PM
I have read the flow chart a number of times. It is an excellent guide.

I know from the DOJ site that the Arsenal, Norinco, and Colt are named firearms that are not permitted. The Saiga 12, though not named, cannot be imported because of the magazine.look at hte shotgun flowchart again. The Saiga12 can be brought into CA once it is properly californicated.

The murky area for me is the Saiga 308 and the Remington 7400 Woodmaster. It doesn't have any evil features nor is it listed under Roberti Roos or Kasler.

I've seen both for sale at gun stores in So Cal when I visit relatives. But seeing things at shops and actually owning them are different things.

The Saiga 308 may or may not be legal, it depends on the exact markings on the side of it. A stock 7400 shouldn't have any issues being legal.

Should I sell those rifles as well before returning to California?

Raichle 9I'd suggest seling these,
Arsenal SLR 95
Norinco SKS-M (detachable magazines)
Norinco MAK 90 Sporter
and taking the money to purchase CA-legal versions of them.

Regarding the Colt AR15, you could either sell it complete and buy a CA-legal brand, or just swap out the receiver,

WTSGDYBBR
09-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't move back to cal the gun laws are hell and the houses are so dam much you will be eating rice and beans for dinner.