View Full Version : Can I convert a Rohm RG7?

09-05-2010, 3:05 PM
Ok so I also inherited a Rohm Rg7 revolver, and thank God I did a little research as it seems this is a blank firing starter gun. However it looks exactly like the .22 cal rohm revolvers (that could have been bad). There is a screw in the barrel, but I was wondering if it is even possible to remove the screw and still shoot 22 shorts out of it? I know it would not be accurate really, but is that even safe?

09-05-2010, 3:50 PM
Shooting .22 shorts out of a starter pistol is a very Bad Plan, since the gun was designed not to shoot.22 shorts.

Remember stupid can be painful.

09-05-2010, 4:13 PM
haha thats wat I was afraid of. okie dokie, guess i'll just sell it. I can ship it to someones door right? since it is permantently plugged? and technically not a real gun

09-05-2010, 6:01 PM
A number of starter pistols can be readily converted to fire conventional ammunition.

Typically it requires a cylinder and/or barrel swap to be done correctly.

There are even a number of semi automatic 'gas alarm' pistols which can be converted easily.

The rhom is probably not worth screwing around with, but if it's just for fun... Why not?

Just get a .22 short rhom barrel and cylinder and swap them in...

The .22 shorts were designed as starter pistols originally anyway.

09-06-2010, 5:39 AM
It might be an intersting project, but done right, you'll have $75-100 invested in a $40 pistol :D