PDA

View Full Version : chinese sks with 10 fixed mag is on the ban list???

jawcn
09-05-2010, 1:04 PM
Try to transfer a chinses sks with 10 fixed mag today, and the ffl told me it is on the ban list... I believe only the one with detachable mag is on the list. Am I right?!

WTSGDYBBR
09-05-2010, 1:48 PM
Try to transfer a chinses sks with 10 fixed mag today, and the ffl told me it is on the ban list... I believe only the one with detachable mag is on the list. Am I right?!

If it has a fixed clip it is not on the ban list. There was a chinses sks I believe that took a ak47 mag I believe is banned . As long as it has a fixed mag its legal. Go to a different FFL.

dmax11
09-05-2010, 3:47 PM
If it has a fixed clip it is not on the ban list. There was a chinses sks I believe that took a ak47 mag I believe is banned . As long as it has a fixed mag its legal. Go to a different FFL.

this is correct afaik

dr_communist
09-05-2010, 4:13 PM
I was told that with bayo is an assault weapon. Which is fud. The only chinease sks that is banned is the sks-m and sks-d. Both my dad and I have chinease sks's they are legal

dmax11
09-05-2010, 5:05 PM
I was told that with bayo is an assault weapon. Which is fud. The only chinease sks that is banned is the sks-m and sks-d. Both my dad and I have chinease sks's they are legal

those are the two models that they produced that accept AK mags

dr_communist
09-05-2010, 5:24 PM
I know those 2 models are the ones that accepts ak mags. I was trying to say those are the ones that are banned. But a regular chi-com sks with 10 round fixed mag is perfectly legal

Cokebottle
09-05-2010, 5:29 PM
Bayo lug/detachable bayo was a banned feature under the federal ban.
California has never given a crap about bayos or bayo lugs.

The "fixed" (folding) bayo on the SKS has never been a problem.

The three remaining issues with the SKS are:

Grenade launcher (probably hard to find one)
Detachable magazine (uses the AK47 mag)
High capacity magazine in a fixed-mag configuration.

Yes... #3 is a concern. A friend of mine has an SKS with a 10rd fixed magazine, but he also has a 30rd mag that can be attached.
Needless to say, he does NOT do so in California.
But this could be an issue when purchasing an SKS from out of state. If the seller does not have the 10rd magazine, it can't be transferred into the state with the 30rd magazine.

barbasol
09-05-2010, 6:46 PM
I have a Chinese SKS. I bought it from a fellow Calgunner and did the transfer at Turners.