PDA

View Full Version : Need a new sig

Sturnovik
09-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I have found a sig pro for a very decent price and was wondering your guys thoughts on them. I got to hold one but not shoot it. Are they durable and in terms of quality up to par with other sigs and polymer pistols?

OneSevenDeuce
09-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I shot a buddies Pro a couple times. It was a good shooter, felt solid, seemed as well constructed as any polymer pistol when I inspected it. For some reason polymer Sigs just don't seem to be popular. Don't know why that is. Maybe for the same reason that you never see polymer 1911s.

ChrisTKHarris
09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Be careful which Sig Pro you're looking at. The P2022's that were sold for $399 through Turners have had some reported extractor problems with brass flying back at the shooter.

Overall they are a great pistol and everyone loves the smooth trigger of the Sig Pro's, but be weary of the ones recently sold from Turners.

Sturnovik
09-05-2010, 10:43 AM
This ones through top gun supply, an leo is planning on a transfer for me. (cant the extractors be changed out quite easily and there rather cheap?).

But your saying the quality is decent in terms of trigger, accuracy and robustness overall?

This is the one I'm refering to. http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-sigpro-2022-9mm-standard-fixed-sights.-da-sa-new-style.html I dont see why this one can be transferred from an LEO?

gorenut
09-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I got mine from TGS as well. Works perfectly. This is totally personal opinion, but I liked my SP2022 so much that I traded off my last P226 because I didn't feel that it offered me that much more for costing so much more than my SigPro. I think the SigPro has a better trigger right out of the box over just about any of the P-Series Sigs.

Sturnovik
09-05-2010, 10:57 AM
oh awesome! So can I ask two things? I have an gun store/ffl that I always purchase from, I basically buy it online and give the fax number/contact number to Topgun and they ship it to them and then I begin my 10 day wait?

Did it come with the original box, and also was it new?

Oh and I can never give up my precious German sig ;) so I wont be trading it soon! Although glad to hear that its that convincing in terms of quality!

gorenut
09-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Yup, they ship it to your FFL. Comes brand new with factory gunk, box, wrapping, everything. Just make sure you let Tom know that it's for CA so he can swap out the 12 rounders for 10 round mags.

nn3453
09-05-2010, 11:06 AM
This ones through top gun supply, an leo is planning on a transfer for me. (cant the extractors be changed out quite easily and there rather cheap?).

But your saying the quality is decent in terms of trigger, accuracy and robustness overall?

This is the one I'm refering to. http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-sigpro-2022-9mm-standard-fixed-sights.-da-sa-new-style.html I dont see why this one can be transferred from an LEO?

Remember, your LEO buddy cannot buy firearms for the purpose of flipping them around. That is very likely against his department policy and against federal law (that counts as "being in business" and he needs a FFL). Please don't get your LEO buddy in trouble.

Sturnovik
09-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Ok so they do support giving a 10 rounder then? In place of the 15?

Since I'm able to own it now, I wouldn't need one anyways if they do have 10 rounders. Why do they still require the 10 day period then?

OneSevenDeuce
09-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Why do they still require the 10 day period then?

10 day wait? Just because. No other explanation makes any more sense.

gorenut
09-05-2010, 11:26 AM
If you're able to own standard cap mags, by all means, do it. Just saying if you're a run-of-the-mill civilian, might not get the benefit.

Sturnovik
09-05-2010, 11:45 AM
No really thanks for the info guys!
I will definitely remind them to throw out the 15's and put the 10's in and glad to hear its a quality Sig.