PDA

View Full Version : Kimber trigger replacement

JanG
09-05-2010, 8:26 AM
I want to replace my Kimber Warrior II trigger to something a little shorter. I have been looking at either 10-8 short trigger. Is there gonna be issues with Kimber's schwartz safety with a trigger replacement? Is there any good gunsmiths close to Stockton/Lodi?

9mmepiphany
09-05-2010, 8:52 AM
the Schwartz safety is activated by the grip safety, not the trigger

rips31
09-06-2010, 12:02 AM
The 10-8 trigger will most likely need minor fitting. You will probably need to file the top & bottom of the trigger to get it to seat properly. You will also need to file the trigger stop set screw to the proper length.

9mm is correct about the Schwartz safety being activated by the grip safety. However, iirc, the Warrior series does not have a Schwartz safety.

Either way, you won't have to worry. The fitting is pretty easy and all you need is a good file. I replaced my Kimber Custom II trigger with a 10-8 flat trigger. Took about 15min.

sholling
09-06-2010, 12:14 AM
You might want to look at the STI short trigger as well. I chose STI for all of my 1911s because they have take up adjustment tabs. It's a little extra work to dial those in but I like the results better than most. If you go this route be sure you understand how to adjust the tabs and leave the pistol safe and fully functional.

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Large/493863.jpg
Photo credit to MidwayUSA

JanG
09-06-2010, 12:29 AM
thanks for the replies. unfortunately, kimber has released a warrior II for california only with the schwartz safety, and of course i didn't realize that until i took the pistol home. (what can i say, i was excited)

i guess i'll go for the 10-8 trigger and try to do it myself. it's the solid trigger with no adjustment screw (mostly cause i like how it looks)
http://www.10-8performance.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=65

railroader
09-06-2010, 6:47 AM
thanks for the replies. unfortunately, kimber has released a warrior II for california only with the schwartz safety, and of course i didn't realize that until i took the pistol home. (what can i say, i was excited)

i guess i'll go for the 10-8 trigger and try to do it myself. it's the solid trigger with no adjustment screw (mostly cause i like how it looks)
http://www.10-8performance.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=65 Actually it has an adjustment screw on the inside of the trigger so it can't come loose. Mark

JanG
09-06-2010, 8:41 AM
i see, guess i'll have to see when i order the part.

anybody have experience with genecco gun works in stockton?

rips31
09-07-2010, 4:09 PM
it definitely has a screw. you can see it in the picture you linked to.

here's what hilton yam told me about the screw:

"It is a 1/16", but it is not meant to be turned. If it worked loose somehow you can red Loctite it in place, but it is meant to be filed to fit. It will not screw deeper into the shoe.

Tell your smith that the screw is actually a stop stud and to file it to length."