PDA

View Full Version : Burglary Suspect Shot By Homeowner SAC.

kenc9
05-13-2006, 10:12 AM
http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_132183824.html Movie

May 12, 2006 3:33 pm

This guy says all the right things when using self defense.
There is a film of him explaining why he shot.

(CBS 13) SACRAMENTO A 33-year-old woman is in stable condition at UC Davis Med Center after being shot by the homeowner she was attempting to burglarize.

The shooting took place in broad daylight yesterday, on the 8400 block of La Riviera Drive near Sac State.

36-year-old Mike Smith heard someone prying open the doors and windows of his home. He called 911 and grabbed his gun. He says when the female suspect came charging after him, he fired shots injuring her.

Police are also looking for another suspect.

-ken

Snuffalofogus
05-13-2006, 11:24 AM
http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_132183824.html Movie

May 12, 2006 3:33 pm

This guy says all the right things when using self defense.
There is a film of him explaining why he shot.

(CBS 13) SACRAMENTO A 33-year-old woman is in stable condition at UC Davis Med Center after being shot by the homeowner she was attempting to burglarize.

The shooting took place in broad daylight yesterday, on the 8400 block of La Riviera Drive near Sac State.

36-year-old Mike Smith heard someone prying open the doors and windows of his home. He called 911 and grabbed his gun. He says when the female suspect came charging after him, he fired shots injuring her.

Police are also looking for another suspect.

-ken

holy poop!

I was 2 blocks from there!

m1aowner
05-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Happy Birthday, go buy a new gun, and a dog. Lady is damn lucky he didn't have a 12 gauge.

thesneakyrussian
05-13-2006, 12:01 PM
shoudda killed'er, must be a poor shot

bu-bye
05-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Looked like 45cal holes in that wall. She is lucky thats for sure.

I'm very glad that story made the news. Make BG think twice before stepping out at night.

Joe
05-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Looked like 45cal holes in that wall. She is lucky thats for sure.

I'm very glad that story made the news. Make BG think twice before stepping out at night.

they said it happened in the middle of the day. thats even more crazy

JHC
05-13-2006, 2:12 PM
Too bad he wasn't a better shot, I realize that may sound cold but now he's wide open to being sued by her.

CALI-gula
05-13-2006, 2:23 PM
they said it happened in the middle of the day. thats even more crazy

Only reason I can imagine it was middle of the day is because she was a crack/heorin addict SO Jonesing for a fix that she didn't care 1) it was the middle of the day and 2) never checked to see if owner was even home. She might have even been doped up while doing it!!

JS-M1A
05-13-2006, 3:12 PM
+1 for the good guys.Too bad the other vermin wasn`t shot.

TKo_Productions
05-13-2006, 3:33 PM
Too bad he wasn't a better shot, I realize that may sound cold but now he's wide open to being sued by her.

Even if she was shot dead, her family would have sued anyway.

Take the Ron Goldman/Nicole Brown wrongfull death suite for example.

JHC
05-13-2006, 4:16 PM
I guess you're right but at least she could'nt testify against him in court as to whether she was preparing to retreat or still coming at him when he dropped her. I guess in Cali you just can't win.

Richie Rich
05-13-2006, 4:35 PM
Deleted.....

Was trying to play devils advocate and wound up sounding like a libatard......

Good shoot if you ask me and really nice to see positive media attention on gun owners for once......

Dont Tread on Me
05-13-2006, 4:42 PM
Nice to see the press showing a gun owner in a good light.

dwtt
05-13-2006, 5:21 PM
This is exactly why AB2353 is needed. It is authored by a Gunowners of California supporter in the Assembly. It would prevent civil suits against a homeowner who used deadly force to stop a violent breakin. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=32424

Also, a lot of burglaries occur during the day because this is when most people are at work and the house is empty. What bothers me about the story is that they suspect the reason this house was broken into was because the guy's house was a corner house, didn't have a dog, and appeared empty. My house fits that profile exactly. I hope my wife would have enough sense to get her gun or our burglar gun if someone breaks in during day, and not go into a hysterical screaming fit and run into a closet to hide. :rolleyes:

homerm14
05-13-2006, 5:22 PM
It's good to hear from all of the expert gunfighters on this sight,that have been there and done that. I'm sure all of you would have placed your shots where they count and terminated the threat.

FreedomIsNotFree
05-13-2006, 6:00 PM
It's good to hear from all of the expert gunfighters on this sight,that have been there and done that. I'm sure all of you would have placed your shots where they count and terminated the threat.

Oh please....half the people here would wet themselves if presented with a similar situation.....:rolleyes:

Santa Cruz Armory
05-13-2006, 6:06 PM

Oh please....half the people here would wet themselves if presented with a similar situation.....:rolleyes:

I think I sense just a hint of sarcasm in the original post.....:D

JHC
05-13-2006, 7:19 PM
We had an incident last year here at my house where a tweaked out lady was pounding on the windows, trying to kick the gate down, and clawing at the security door in broad daylight, she wanted in bad and was screaming to let her back into "her" house. Reasoning with her and trying to calm her down was not working but pumping the shotgun infront of her finally brought her to her senses and she took off, my wife told me all about it when I got home from work. If it were me I probably would have wet myself..:rolleyes:

Dont Tread on Me
05-13-2006, 7:26 PM
half the people here would wet themselves if presented with a similar situation.....:rolleyes:

SOP for me. Proves I feared for my life:)

gmcem50
05-13-2006, 7:42 PM

+1 to that; I'd be lying if I said my first reaction wasn't "He should'a killed the b**ch!" but the reality is that I probably would have crapped my pants too. That is why we have to practice, practice, practice, pract...

jerryg1776
05-13-2006, 9:17 PM
SOP for me. Proves I feared for my life:)

Step 2 - Shoot to defend your life

Step 3 - But officer.. I was in fear for my life. I pissed myself.. look..

I like it. Course if you were really scared you would C**P your pants! HAHAHAH.

Would that work in a court of law? Would they have to seize that as evidence and present to the judge?

Turbinator
05-13-2006, 9:27 PM
Amazing, not a single negative reference to firearms at all - mostly reported just the facts and let the guy speak. Way to go!

Turby

mblat
05-13-2006, 10:55 PM
After admitting that I have no idea how I would react I have to ask:
what happend to "if you have to discharge you firearm there shall be only one story, yours."?