PDA

View Full Version : Springfield TRP model not on Roster?

The DRis
09-04-2010, 5:18 PM
I'm looking for this model handgun:

PC9105LP

I know for a fact I have seen it here in a gunshop in SoCal. But when I was searching gunbroker the shipper says the box says "Not for CA Sale". I checked the list and that model number is not on it. What's the deal?

faterikcartman
09-04-2010, 5:41 PM
PC9105LCA with and without ambidextrous safety is on the list. Is that what you saw in the gun store? Many people see Wilson, for just one example, CQBs on Gunbroker, but it has to be the exact model number that Wilson submitted for approval. I haven't looked closely, but my guess is you pay a little more for the California model for probably not much, if any, more gun. Maybe as a way to recoup the costs of submitting for testing and getting on the roster? Also, you'll probably find many guns on Gunbroker that ARE on the list, yet the seller still won't sell to you here. Good luck.

The DRis
09-04-2010, 5:44 PM
No, it wasn't the full length rail.

faterikcartman
09-04-2010, 6:07 PM
No, it wasn't the full length rail.

Was it for sale to the general public, or to law enforcement only? Cops don't need "safe guns" in this state. Or maybe consignment?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3353714

jtmkinsd
09-04-2010, 6:27 PM
PC9105LCA is the only TRP on the list and therefore is the only one you can have shipped in...the one you saw may have mistakenly been shipped in (someone didn't know any better), or someone owned it and gave it to the shop to sell. Those are just guesses on my part.

NiteQwill
09-04-2010, 6:36 PM
Remove the "P" at the end. P is for package.

faterikcartman
09-04-2010, 6:51 PM

Yes, but what's left still is not on the roster.

jtmkinsd
09-04-2010, 8:54 PM

Found this on M1911.org:

"You would need to have your dealer order the PC9105LCA and be sure they know it must have the full size rail as this is the only version legal for CA in the TRP operator. Since we kept the same part number for both models we added CA so that we knew which model was which."

Have a great day!
Dawn Oleson
Range Program Coordinator/
Dealer Assistance & Response Team
Springfield, Inc.
dawn@springfield-armory.com

I think this covers it pretty well...any questions there is the email...lol

Any other ones you see for sale in CA are ones that slipped through the cracks or are privately owned for sale by the dealer.

09-04-2010, 9:24 PM
There is the one without any rail that is on the Cali list (PC9108L), so the "only version legal for CA" isn't quite accurate.

Jerry X
09-04-2010, 9:34 PM

Correct. P stands for package which includes a holster and magazine pouch. All current TRP have the P at the end. Most FFL that sells the TRP runs it without the P............... if you can find one. :D

jtmkinsd
09-04-2010, 11:18 PM
There is the one without any rail that is on the Cali list (PC9108L), so the "only version legal for CA" isn't quite accurate.

Yes that's true, the OP asked about and the nice lady from Springfield was talking about the 9105 though and that's what I was responding to. TRP and TRP Operator are different models...TRP Operator is 9105L...TRP is 9108L :D

jtmkinsd
09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
PC9105L:

Weight: 45 ozs.
Frame: Forged Steel with Integral Accessory
Rail, Black Armory Kote
Slide: Forged Steel, Black Armory Kote
Recoil System: 1 Piece Full Length Guide Rod
with Reverse Recoil Spring Plug
Height: 5.7”
Length: 8.5”
Trigger: Long Aluminum Match Grade, 4.5 - 5 lbs.
Magazines: 2 - 7 Round, Stainless Steel with
Slam Pad
Grips: G10 Composite
Sights: Low Profile Adjustable Rear, Dovetail
Front, Tritium 3 - Dot
Barrel: 5” Stainless Steel Match Grade, Bull
Caliber: .45ACP
Features: Wide-Mouth Magazine Well; Tuned Trigger; Match Bull Bbl.; Checkered Front Strap; Light Rail

PC9108L:

Weight: 42 ozs.
Frame: Forged Steel, Black Armory Kote
Slide: Forged Steel, Black Armory Kote
Recoil System: 2 Piece Full Length Guide Rod
Height: 5.7”
Length: 8.5”
Trigger: Long Aluminum Match Grade, 4.5 - 5 lbs.
Magazines: 2 - 7 Round, Stainless Steel with
Slam Pad
Grips: G10 Composite
Sights: Fixed Low Profile Combat Rear,
Dovetail Front, Tritium 3 - Dot
Barrel: 5” Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel
and Bushing
Caliber: .45ACP
Features: Wide-Mouth Magazine Well; Tuned Trigger; Match Bbl. and Bushing; Checkered Front Strap

The DRis
09-05-2010, 12:47 AM
So any LEO in the SoCal region that would like to FtF a NIB half railed TRP?

wilshire1412
09-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Has anyone seen a TRP of any variety for sale anywhere lately? I am looking but have noticed a shortage of Springfield 1911s in SoCal lately. I am thinking of the Stainless TRP or possibly the MC with the half railed frame.

Jerry X
09-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Has anyone seen a TRP of any variety for sale anywhere lately? I am looking but have noticed a shortage of Springfield 1911s in SoCal lately. I am thinking of the Stainless TRP or possibly the MC with the half railed frame.

The TRP are very hard to find. There was a gunshop in North Cal that had a Stainless TRP for $1645.

ajaffe
09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I have a nice half rail TRP operator :).

chiselchst
09-05-2010, 11:18 AM
JR's in Livermore have an (A-Kote?) TRP in stock.

The DRis
09-05-2010, 11:50 AM
How did you get it Ajafe?

Cpl. Haas
09-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Wait, so the PC9105LP half-rail TRP Operator isn't on the approved list? If that's the case, then I know of a Sacramento gun shop who messed up big-time since I bought that exact same model from them about a year ago, and I don't have LEO exemption right now. :eek:

L-2
09-05-2010, 1:19 PM
See if this makes sense.
As I recall, the "PC9105LP" was the Calif. listed model number for a few years. At that time, Springfield used that model number for TRP Operators which came with either a full or partial-length accessory rail.

Apparently, Springfield now has a specific PC9105LCA model number to differentiate between the two pistol variations.
(edited to add) Now the "PC9105LP" is gone and replaced by "PC9105LCA", apparently the full-length railed 1911 model.

I suspect any FFLs with old stock may be stuck with the partial length TRP Operators unless Springfield will give them credit for returning models no longer on California's list. Any FFLs know if Springfield does this for its dealers as this situation is a bit different from merely not renewing an existing certified gun?

I also recall there was/is a demand for those full-length TRP Operators as for awhile, it was thought this model was discontinued and, possibly, the full length rail may have handled differently with the added weight out front.

As California's list can change (daily), any FFL generally knows to double-check the list each time a handgun is to be sold/DRoS'd.

Isn't this list more trouble than it's worth!!? I think we all agree...

chiselchst
09-05-2010, 1:46 PM
The following are on the Ca Cert Gun List:

PC9105LCA / Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 9/20/2011

PC9107L (ambi safety) / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011
PC9107L / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011

PC9108L (ambi safety) / Carbon Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011
PC9108L / Carbon Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011

These are all legal, and available to CA residents. From CA, or from outside and shipped in. I just bought one, shipped..

Did I/we missunderstand the issue?

ajaffe
09-05-2010, 4:35 PM
How did you get it Ajafe?

Personally I bought mine from a LEO that was selling it here in the classifieds. I believe that there was a transition where full/half rails were on roster and then fell off. They got replaced with the other version that are the ones on the roster now. I cannot remember if it was half rail first or full rail first.

faterikcartman
09-05-2010, 5:22 PM
The following are on the Ca Cert Gun List:

PC9105LCA / Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 9/20/2011

PC9107L (ambi safety) / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011
PC9107L / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011

PC9108L (ambi safety) / Carbon Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011
PC9108L / Carbon Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 3/29/2011

These are all legal, and available to CA residents. From CA, or from outside and shipped in. I just bought one, shipped..

Did I/we missunderstand the issue?

Yes, I think you did. The OP said specifically "I'm looking for this model handgun: PC9105LP".

Two of the guns you list don't even have rails. The other has a full length rail many folks don't like.

The DRis
09-05-2010, 7:35 PM
Thanks for the clarification cartman.

Yes I am specifically wanting the half railed TRP. I don't necessarily like the look of the full rail. And other than added weight I don't understand the function of it.

faterikcartman
09-05-2010, 8:25 PM
Thanks for the clarification cartman.

Yes I am specifically wanting the half railed TRP. I don't necessarily like the look of the full rail. And other than added weight I don't understand the function of it.

I admit I haven't used it like this, but looking at it it appears to me the full rail would get hung up on a holster, or anything else. I assume it was designed to appeal to people wanting to look bad-arse-tacticool. IMO only, I think you're right to want the half rail.

The DRis
09-05-2010, 9:03 PM
I admit I haven't used it like this, but looking at it it appears to me the full rail would get hung up on a holster, or anything else. I assume it was designed to appeal to people wanting to look bad-arse-tacticool. IMO only, I think you're right to want the half rail.

Seriously. And not only would it get caught up. But I would have to get a holster custom made. And I'm having a hard enough time finding a holster for the one I want.

The DRis
09-06-2010, 6:27 PM
Ok. For those of you that have the railed trp. What holsters do you use. If I can't get the half rail. I can't find a holster that will accommodate the full rail and light. Or just the full rail itself.

redcliff
09-06-2010, 6:36 PM
The PC9111LR is a half rail but its a Professional and hard to get and expensive.

High Noon Holsters makes holster for full rail TRP's I believe: http://www.highnoonholster.com/Product_Line/_NFS/_nfs.html

I have a Need for Speed on order for my 9111LR; I emailed them to make sure I got the proper model orderred.

For a light attached holster you might try : http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_93&products_id=1575