PDA

View Full Version : Just started DROS on a SIG P229 SAS gen. 1.

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 6:02 PM
I got it from a fellow Calgunner for a good deal. I have wanted a SIG for a long time but just hadn't found the right deal until now. I haven't had a .40 S&W in a long time too. Can't wait to get to the range and start shooting. It's got those very nice wood stocks that the gen. 1s come with. Funds have been low lately so I didn't think I would be getting a pistol for a while but this Calgunner traded me for a shotgun I never used. Yessss! Gotta love Calguns marketplace!

damon1272
09-04-2010, 7:15 PM
Cool beans. You can also shoot .357 with just a barrel change. Well worth having. I love my gen 1.

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 7:16 PM
Cool beans. You can also shoot .357 with just a barrel change. Well worth having. I love my gen 1.

I was reading that somewhere. Sounds interesting. I might have to try that when I get the money for it.

dachan
09-04-2010, 8:05 PM

What do you think of the DAK trigger? I have a Gen 1 220, 229 and 239 SAS. The looks can't be beat but none of them get any range time anymore because I can't stand the trigger.

BTW, there are several aftermarket manufacturers of 9mm conversion barrels for the 229; most of the kinks have been worked out so you can expect fairly reliable extraction, and your 40cal mags will work fine (and even hold an extra round).

gorenut
09-04-2010, 8:42 PM
I currently have a 357 SIG barrel and ammo that I'm selling, also willing to trade for ammo ot accessories. Let me know if you're interested

Edit: never mind. Saw 229, I have 226

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 8:43 PM
Ever come to San Diego?

damon1272
09-05-2010, 6:21 AM
What do you think of the DAK trigger? I have a Gen 1 220, 229 and 239 SAS. The looks can't be beat but none of them get any range time anymore because I can't stand the trigger.

BTW, there are several aftermarket manufacturers of 9mm conversion barrels for the 229; most of the kinks have been worked out so you can expect fairly reliable extraction, and your 40cal mags will work fine (and even hold an extra round).

You can install a reduced power hammer spring that really has a good effect on the trigger pull. Also polish the rounded end on the link the spring rides on. Makes the trigger a little smoother. I had a Double action only trigger and hated it. I sent it back to sig and at the time it was $45 for a standard trigger. Came back as a custom job it was so nice.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=986660

boink
09-05-2010, 7:59 AM
Congrats! I love the SAS, but it breaks my heart that only the .40 is on the roster, as I want a 9mm (yes, I could swap barrels, but it's a waste. I'm a 9-guy!). Oh well, so is life!

I'll be waiting for the range report!

OneSevenDeuce
09-05-2010, 8:49 AM
Congrats! I love the SAS, but it breaks my heart that only the .40 is on the roster, as I want a 9mm (yes, I could swap barrels, but it's a waste. I'm a 9-guy!). Oh well, so is life!

I'll be waiting for the range report!

I was considering a SIG 9mm as well since I already have guns in that caliber. This 229 SAS was just too sweet though. I can't wait for a range day. It's nice to have another all steel pistol in the collection too. Polymer is great but I think I may be getting tired of it.

ruddogg
09-05-2010, 2:06 PM
Is that the sas from Darren? I almost bought it, met up with him to inspect it. Was going to take it, but was not sure of the dak. You'll have to tell me how it shoots.

Whatisthis?
09-05-2010, 2:22 PM
Nice grab. I'm sure you already know, but the P229 .40 should have a 9mm conversion barrel and a .22 conversion kit. I assume they apply to the SAS gen 1 model, however, I haven't checked that.

l8apex
09-05-2010, 3:24 PM
Got a SAS Gen2 DA/SA 9mm from a forum member here as well. Good shooter, have fun!

OneSevenDeuce
09-05-2010, 8:18 PM
Is that the sas from Darren? I almost bought it, met up with him to inspect it. Was going to take it, but was not sure of the dak. You'll have to tell me how it shoots.

The same. The deal just worked out for the both of us. I had something he wanted and he had something I wanted. I dry fired it once. Not enough to get a feel for it of course, but it felt smooth to me. Will report more when I can.

ruddogg
09-05-2010, 9:47 PM
The same. The deal just worked out for the both of us. I had something he wanted and he had something I wanted. I dry fired it once. Not enough to get a feel for it of course, but it felt smooth to me. Will report more when I can.

yea I dry fired it a couple times too but couldn't really tell... I REALLY wanted to buy it, I actually told him I'd take it, but I had an uneasy feeling about the DAK... so I had to back out. Hope you enjoy it. yea please let me know how it shoot! :)

bsg
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
congratulations! it makes it even sweeter when you turn a deal on the barter system; nice that both of you are happy.... :taz::taz:

blackbox
09-06-2010, 3:41 PM
Hah, if this had been up for one more day I woulda fallen prey to it. I've got a two-tone 239 Gen-1 SAS that wants a big brother ;) Glad its going to someone who'll appreciate it (but PM if you ever stop appreciating it ;))

The DAK pull is a little long, but its smooth and not too heavy.

OneSevenDeuce
09-06-2010, 3:50 PM
Glad its going to someone who'll appreciate it (but PM if you ever stop appreciating it ;))

Haha, ok but don't hold your breath.