PDA

View Full Version : This guy had his BEHIND handed to him on a plater

~DEVO~
05-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I am not sure if this content goes in this area of the forum.

This thread has good rebuttal points...

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=148181

linuxgunner
05-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I read his original post. Yes he does engage in some "baiting" there, but every time someone like that pops into a forum, we have a golden opportunity. We may not convert him into a gun owner, or a sympathizer, but at the very least we have an opportunity to show him how reasonable, normal, sane and mainstream we are, and how all of our goals (ending the AWB, etc) are based on reason. We can show him that we have arrived at our views after considering other points of view with an open mind.

That's our opportunity.

-------------------------
http://CaliforniaCCW.org

blacklisted
05-13-2006, 12:00 AM
IMO, people that believe the Bill of Rights is not relevant today because it is so old are traitors. They claim the 2nd Amendment is obsolete or not relevant today...well I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply to Radio, Television, or the Internet either....

hoffmang
05-13-2006, 12:21 AM
I've personally converted a former Democratic senate PAC runner to a guy who bought a handgun just to spite San Francisco and a OLL too.

The thing that tilted him over the edge was hearing how much bureaucracy it takes to own a legal gun in CA. The final straw for him is that clearly no criminal would ever get there so the only impact these laws had was on law abiding folks.

saki302
05-13-2006, 4:21 AM
If you don't believe in the constitution or the Bill of Rights, this country is the worng place for you, maybe Iran or Palestine would suit you better.. If you prefer to fly a flag which does not have the stars and stripes on it also, go home, please, since you love YOUR country so much.

For all the 'founders didn't envision assailt weapons' crap- well, the founders obviously didn't envision broadcast television, radio, or the internet. I guess the 1st amendment cannot possibly apply to that then.

-Dave

SFV_Dealer
05-13-2006, 6:32 AM
Here, here!
Yes very well put saki302! I am getting tired of people who live here and fly their country's flag on their home or car. What, did they forget they were in the USA ? I say to those who fly any flag other than the US - get out of the country and live in that country if that's so meaningful to them!

Ryoushi
05-14-2006, 9:16 AM
Amen! I read that whole thread and before it started to drift off topic toward the end, I couldn't help but be impressed at how well the antigun guy was treated.

I read his original post. Yes he does engage in some "baiting" there, but every time someone like that pops into a forum, we have a golden opportunity. We may not convert him into a gun owner, or a sympathizer, but at the very least we have an opportunity to show him how reasonable, normal, sane and mainstream we are, and how all of our goals (ending the AWB, etc) are based on reason. We can show him that we have arrived at our views after considering other points of view with an open mind.

That's our opportunity.

-------------------------
http://CaliforniaCCW.org

AF_INT1N0
05-14-2006, 9:55 AM
I have a serious problem with the whole Founders never envisioned machine guns thing... At the time of the BOR human kind was a lot closer to full Auto than Internet. Also in the Federalist and Anti Federalist papers, (I don't remember which right now) the term "All the terrible impliments of War" is well defined, to encapsulate anything past present or future that could be used to keep "the State" out of the peoples hair.

Hoffmang--
Good job!! Anytime you convert an anti you win one for the team!! Also converted anti's will often times weaken the anti-gun sentiments of those around them.

---edited to correct my terrible syntax