PDA

View Full Version : OLL travel

deadlyapp
09-04-2010, 3:18 AM
Curious question I have that I haven't seen come up. I am coming down to california from Washington with several of my firearms. I have a stripped lower with no BB kit attached to it yet, but also no magazine release. Am I legal? I have no upper for it yet either if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

CoyoteHunter555
09-04-2010, 3:22 AM
A stripped lower is a stripped lower. You are legal, but once you begin putting it together and add a single 'Evil Feature' , CA law requires a BB

*EDIT* I want to point out the title, he already said OLL

deadlyapp
09-04-2010, 3:26 AM
I'll probably be purchasing one on the way through california, but a finished gun is a long ways into the future at this point.

CoyoteHunter555
09-04-2010, 3:47 AM
Then you are GTG :cool:

fast1911
09-04-2010, 6:59 AM
Suppose you are traveling with an assembled lower, with pistol grip and standard mag release, but there is no upper attached. Why would this be illegal? It could be used for a rimfire upper.

rromeo
09-04-2010, 7:37 AM
A stripped lower is a stripped lower. You are legal, but once you begin putting it together and add a single 'Evil Feature' , CA law requires a BB

*EDIT* I want to point out the title, he already said OLL
That's negative. A pistol grip and collapsible stock are allowed, as long as a semiautomatic, centerfire upper is not attached. I have purchased complete lowers from FFLs, and no bullet button. The first time, I asked if that was okay, he said there was no way an illegal firearm would be sold in his shop.

deadlyapp
09-04-2010, 9:08 AM
That's negative. A pistol grip and collapsible stock are allowed, as long as a semiautomatic, centerfire upper is not attached. I have purchased complete lowers from FFLs, and no bullet button. The first time, I asked if that was okay, he said there was no way an illegal firearm would be sold in his shop.

But what if I had one fully assembled rifle and this partially assembled lower. That sounds like bad news bears to me.

In any case, one of the stripped lowers will probably be a pistol lower anyways, so no stock on it.

RRichie09
09-04-2010, 9:39 AM
Suppose you are traveling with an assembled lower, with pistol grip and standard mag release, but there is no upper attached. Why would this be illegal? It could be used for a rimfire upper.

I was told from a reputable store that I need a Bullet button before I add the upper. I added the bullet button as I built the lower just to be safe.

El Gato
09-04-2010, 9:52 AM
I was told from a reputable store that I need a Bullet button before I add the upper. I added the bullet button as I built the lower just to be safe.

not necessary if you are featureless....
sign me:
Hates the BB....

and monsterman's are stupid looking bur work great since we gotta find some way to own a legal AR/AK/whatever...

RRichie09
09-04-2010, 11:37 AM
not necessary if you are featureless....
sign me:
Hates the BB....

and monsterman's are stupid looking bur work great since we gotta find some way to own a legal AR/AK/whatever...

Yes, not necessary if featureless. :D