View Full Version : Kel tec SU-16CA

09-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I am looking into this rifle has any1 heard anything good or bad about it?

09-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Seems pretty good for the price. What do you want it for? Seems like everyone likes it and a lot of people have one. Side-charging, optics ready, accepts standard AR/M16 mags, etc... I like it

EDIT* Here's the link

09-04-2010, 12:15 AM
i think this is one of those love/hate rifles. personally i think it fits a niche. great for camping, bug-out/SHTF. shoots a common round and uses STANAG mags. might have reliability and longevity issues if its used heavily. if you are on a budget and dont expect to shoot a ton. this is also a good AR alternative. being featureless, no bullet button to mess with.

09-04-2010, 6:56 AM
watch the ar folks pour in and tell you how tell you how to use your money. That is point you towards buying their beloved AR's. ;)

I have both guns. AR and SU, both great guns in trot own ways. My Su bravo have seen 8k+ rounds and is my primary hunting rifle. it's accurate enough to hunt where I'm at. I don't have to shoot anything pass 150yards. it's just as accurate as some ar's and it's lighter. of the 8k that's been shot thru her about 10-15 ftf, but those were due to my reloading skills when I started out. didn't size enough and it didn't chamber all the way in.

if your going to costumize it there's not too much option. it's meant for a kiss rifle. if you want to ninja it ar is the way to go.

hope it helps.