PDA

View Full Version : sig vs.hk..same damn gun almost

stitchnicklas
09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
from appearance's both guns like similar,share the same traits,cost similar,chamber same rounds.....

so tell me what the difference really is???

thevic
09-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Which do you like the feel of better? I like hk's, but i have to admit the sig's decocker feels better to me

stitchnicklas
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
i have 2 sigs,i want a hk 9mm but funds are not available yet.kinda rethinking the hk and getting another sig,maybe a 226.

so 220/226 vs. hk usp9/2000 in the 9mm category are they pretty much the same thing?

cineski
09-04-2010, 7:10 AM
If I was going to go to war I'd be taking an HK over a SIG (between those two choices). If other choices were present I'd pick those over both. For a combat / self defense gun there's better and far cheaper options imo.

VulpesVafrae
09-04-2010, 7:20 AM
Gosh, I got a P2000, but if I wasn't a lefty, and Sigs looked sexier, I might have a Sig.. Mk23 testing was just plain ridiculous, but Sig claims '3 million rounds'. They are both darn good guns.

9mmepiphany
09-04-2010, 7:39 AM
assuming you are comparing a Sig 226 to a H&K USP, the obvious difference would be that one had an alloy frame while the other is polymer...that would make one heavier

Steve1968LS2
09-04-2010, 7:46 AM
If I was going to go to war I'd be taking an HK over a SIG (between those two choices). If other choices were present I'd pick those over both. For a combat / self defense gun there's better and far cheaper options imo.

Funny, if I was going to war I would take my 220 Combat over my USP but both are very well made weapons.

Might be because the single stack 220 feels just a bit better in my hand than the thicker USP

leoffensive
09-04-2010, 8:30 AM
sig is better

Oldnoob
09-04-2010, 8:34 AM

So, how many wars have you been through for you draw that conclusion commando?

JoeGSX
09-04-2010, 8:43 AM
Controls are totally different. Both have there positives and negatives. Both are GREAT guns and you should be happy with either. I have a 226ST, 220ST and 232ST as well as a USP 45. Some days i like my SIG's better some days i like the HK better.

Oldnoob
09-04-2010, 8:50 AM
so 220/226 vs. hk usp9/2000 in the 9mm category are they pretty much the same thing?

They are almost as different as two pistol can be. If standard base line vs standard base line, you got alum alloy frame + stainless slide vs polymer frame + carbon steel; Nitron finish vs Blued; no manual safety + decocker vs manual safety + decocker; single coil recoil spring vs duel coil recoil spring.

So the are in the same category but pretty different (the grip angle, material, feel, mag release...etc). They are as different as you compare them to Beretta Px4, CZ75, FNP etc. And either one have their unique variance that make them special. I had them both and like them both.

fsx
09-04-2010, 8:58 AM
Both have a somewhat substandard Customer Service, HK is the worst though.

CrippledPidgeon
09-04-2010, 9:02 AM
Additional differences: Sig must be carried decocked, variant 1 USPs can be carried cocked and locked, decocked only, decocked and safetied, etc.

USP has more ambidextrous features than Sig (which has none).

blah blah blah...

Oldnoob
09-04-2010, 9:02 AM
Both have a somewhat substandard Customer Service, HK is the worst though.

They both do have lots room for their CS to improve. Especially consider their retail price.

Saym14
09-04-2010, 9:04 AM
not sure which HK you are talking about ? USP ? P2000 ? both are good. I prefer either cocked and locked optio or an LEM trigger. I do not care that SIG only offers one option, DA fist shot and SA follow up ( no safety, no LEM type trigger)

Oldnoob
09-04-2010, 9:09 AM
Additional differences: Sig must be carried decocked, variant 1 USPs can be carried cocked and locked, decocked only, decocked and safetied, etc.

Not quite right, they both have enough variances to cover that.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P220R-SAO-detail-L.jpg

ruddogg
09-04-2010, 9:13 AM
I've had a Sig P226. 40s&w for 10+yrs. Love it. Been wanting to try a HK. Just recently bought a HK Usp Compact. 40s&w. Sigs just fit my hand better. Smooth as butter. HK a little rougher around the edges. Bigger recoil. I know, one's full size & one's compact.
I'm selling my HK If you're interested.
End of the day, I'm a Sig guy.

thomasanelson
09-04-2010, 9:43 AM
I have a bunch of Sigs and HK's. They are both among the highest quality combat firearms one can buy. Both are accurate and reliable. Both have the option of SA/DA with de-cocker or true double action only (DAK-Sig & LEM-HK). The big differences are that Sigs (P-series) are all metal (alloy frame and Stainless steel slide) and the HK (USP & P2000 series) have polymer frames and carbon steel slide. This makes the Sig heavier and has less felt recoil for like sizes. The HK is lighter and IMHO better for concealed carry. The Sig uses a land and grove barrel and the HK uses a polygonal barrel...L&G can shoot lead, but the polygonal should last longer. The big difference to me is that the HK has both a de-cocker and a safety where the Sig can only be de-cocked. Depending upon your preference this could make a big difference. I use an HK USP45 as my home defense gun, but would trust my Sigs just the same. FYI, Sigs are expensive, but HK cost even more and Sigs CS is fairly good….HK CS sucks according to most “civilian” consumers.

sigfan91
09-04-2010, 12:04 PM
from appearance's both guns like similar,share the same traits,cost similar,chamber same rounds.....

so tell me what the difference really is???

Bite your tongue!

How can they be similar? Saying they are similar because they shoot the same round and cost the same is like saying a Ferrari and a Bentley are similar because they both have 4 wheels and cost about the same.

Sig is more traditional.

HK is more high tech.

I prefer Sigs.

Psypher
09-04-2010, 7:45 PM
My Brother has a P Series Sig and I have a HK P2000. I personally have shot both and both guns are great. In terms of what are the differences? HKs are poly and Sigs are metal. Very different ergos on both. Comes down to which you prefer in that catagory. Both shoot everytime and are very very accurate. My next pistol (after my current AR build) will likely be a Sig, however the HK P7 is sexy. :43:

stitchnicklas
09-04-2010, 8:11 PM
i think i will stick with the sigs then,for heavy i have a xd 45 full frame..
sig 226 sounds like what i will get next,unless the california roster is destroyed by mr.hoffmang...then i will nab me a used hk usp9

HCz
09-04-2010, 8:21 PM
SIG and HK are not same. Kind of like Ford vs. Chevy.

Tony.
09-04-2010, 9:09 PM
Other than they share the same common parts as 99% of autoloading pistols (barrel, frame, slide, trigger, hammer and springs) they are not even close. Your statement could be made by just about any manufacturer.

Jerry X
09-04-2010, 9:43 PM
I've had both. HK USP9 and Sig P226 Navy. I prefer the HK. :D

Oldnoob
09-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I've had both. HK USP9 and Sig P226 Navy. I prefer the HK. :D

Between USP9 vs P226 9mm, I will pick Sig everytime. However, if were USP40 vs 226 40s&w, I would pick HK.

FCinCA
09-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I have an USP Compact in 40 and it is a solid weapon. I have smaller hands so it serves me well. The Sig's that I have handle and fired don't fit as well as my HK. FWIW my dept. issues the Sig. You have to have good cause to request a substitute. I have fired about 3000 rounds from my USPc without 1 FTF or FTE. :D

trendar5
09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Save up the money for a Sig or an HK. Buy that gun. Do it again. Buy the other one. One gun is none, two guns is one.

stitchnicklas
09-04-2010, 11:07 PM
i have heard both sig and hk are good in not fte/ftf's

faterikcartman
09-05-2010, 1:32 AM
My Phaeton and my Tundra are so nearly alike -- key to start, gas pedal on right, brake on left, windshield, etc., etc., etc., that I too have spent a long time trying to figure out what the differences are. I guess one key thing is one is silver and the other white.

Looking at my P7M8 and P220 however, they're both kinda black so I'm stumped as to what might really set them apart.

immaculate
09-05-2010, 2:49 AM
when people complain about HK customer service (I haven't had to call CS for Sig before, so can't comment), I wonder if they are actually speaking from personal experience or simply echoing popular internet lore around HK's "legendary" customer service? For a while it was really en vogue to say that HKs had awful customer service and should therefore be avoided, which is why I ask.

I've only ever had to call HK CS three times on different occasions for different pistols. Each time I got what I needed on the first call, was treated fairly and professionally (and I'm just a regular guy) and - 2 out of 3 times - I needed a part and received said part promptly via overnight. I'm huge on customer service and will complain as high as I can go if the level of service I get sucks, but i'm just not seeing that problem with HK.

oh and re: differences - HK has a whole bunch of polymer-framed pistols. Sig, not so much.

aaron