PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a handgunner when...

OneSevenDeuce
09-03-2010, 7:58 PM
...you start to systematically get rid of your long guns so that you can get more pistols. Yeah, it's happening. The side by side shotgun is on deck to leave the nest and I'm not sad about it one bit. There is just too much on the list that I want.

It's just a shame that I don't have more hours in the day to go shoot... But then again, there are a lot of hours in the day. :D

Black Majik
09-03-2010, 8:01 PM
you high thumb the cordless power drill.

OneSevenDeuce
09-03-2010, 8:02 PM

Or you two hand the remote control.

DVLDOC
09-03-2010, 8:05 PM
When you holster your blackberry like a pistol...

OneSevenDeuce
09-03-2010, 8:06 PM
When you holster your blackberry like a pistol...

...you time yourself answering said blackberry.

CapnHawk
09-03-2010, 8:10 PM
....you name your first-born "Colt" - and it's a girl.

Notblake
09-03-2010, 8:11 PM
When asked if you have any Long range guns you reply that one of your pistols has a 6" barrel.

OneSevenDeuce
09-03-2010, 8:11 PM

Or you name your first born High Point, and it survives.

1911Luvr
09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Or you walk into Wal-mart to buy fishing bait and leave with .45 auto ammo because it was finally in stock!

wamphyri13
09-03-2010, 10:33 PM
You instinctively count shots fired in any T.V. show or movie and can tell why that scene was totally wrong. (shots fired, cylinder sounds like a raffle wheel, etc.)
Ryan

olhunter
09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
..you reach for the thumb-break on your Blackberry holster.

...it takes more time to decide which holster to wear than the whole rest of your wardrobe.

BigDogatPlay
09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
When you think, yeah, I could totally dual wield.

Oldnoob
09-03-2010, 10:49 PM
...when you have a rifle case but 7 handguns inside.

$P-Ritch$
09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
...when you're thinking about which type of seat/bench in any given area could cause you to "print" while sitting down, even if you're not carrying at that particular moment.

At least that's how I am...

Munk
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
You got me with this one.
You instinctively count shots fired in any T.V. show or movie and can tell why that scene was totally wrong. (shots fired, cylinder sounds like a raffle wheel, etc.)
Ryan

and its cousin.

You get sick of every other gun sounding like a shotgun when the slide is pulled back.

nick
09-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Or you walk into Wal-mart to buy fishing bait and leave with .45 auto ammo because it was finally in stock!

This is just normal.

nick
09-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Ryan

Isn't this normal, as well? :)

JTROKS
09-03-2010, 11:56 PM
When you have twice as many handguns than rifles and shotguns combined.

elSquid
09-04-2010, 12:06 AM
You spend more time during the week on dry fire, reloading and holster drills at home than you do on surfing gun-related websites.

:sigh:

Oh well, I wonder what's going on in OT right now...

-- Michael

ArmednReady
09-04-2010, 12:31 AM
When you have a different carry handgun for every day of the week. If your feeling flashy you bring the stainless, if your walking around town then you carry the blued lol

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 6:45 AM
Ryan

Yup, this is true. Or you wonder why producers use cocking noises as exclamation marks. You know what I mean, guy pulls out a gun and points it at someone and says "Gimme all your money... *cocking noise* NOW!" Why would you point the gun at the guy if you didn't have a round chambered? Then again, if it's dumb I'm sure someone has seen it on TV and actually done it.

bsg
09-04-2010, 7:29 AM
when the genie looks at you "funny" when your third wish is an endless supply of .45 ACP ammo so you can shoot your other two wishes....

bsg
09-04-2010, 7:31 AM
when your gal tells you "it's me or the guns" and you ask her... "how much bubble wrap do you need?"

bsg
09-04-2010, 7:32 AM
when you consider cutting down the barrel of your vintage Wingmaster to 4 inches but then realize you're not allowed to....

bsg
09-04-2010, 7:34 AM
when you gain 15 pounds when you carry concealed and you walk like Rosie O'Donnell....

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 7:35 AM
when you gain 15 pounds when you carry concealed....

When you are jealous of the guy who can carry concealed.

bsg
09-04-2010, 7:39 AM
When you are jealous of the guy who can carry concealed.

when you move to Arizona just so you can.... :)

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 7:40 AM

When you are considering doing the same!

bsg
09-04-2010, 7:51 AM
when you give away all your old Tom Knapp videos....

Inkman
09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Ryan

WINNER!!!!!! You been peeking thru my windows? :TFH:

Al

themailman
09-04-2010, 10:54 AM
You watch a movie where you hear a man "cock" his Glock, then you run and grab your Glock to show the wife that it isnt possible.

barca101
09-04-2010, 10:59 AM
When you unsnap your cell phone from you holster and bring it up to your workspace and begin pressing the numbers, while your intermittently looking beyond your phone. When you end your call, you bring your phone back to your workspace to hang up, while also scanning 380 before you holster your phone.

fsx
09-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Finger off the trigger untill you are ready to DRILL?

juelz919
09-04-2010, 11:16 AM
When you sell your car to buy the pistol you've wanted and use what used to be gas and insurance money on ammo than realize you now have no way to get to the range : (

Lol

fsx
09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
When you know the type of the gun by listening to its slide rack.

Black Majik
09-04-2010, 11:28 AM
When you know the type of the gun by listening to its slide rack.

That's funny. some of them I can guess. Also the way the hammer fall on an empty chamber. LOL, nice.

Dr Rockso
09-04-2010, 11:40 AM

And you've thought about making a Kydex holster for it.

todd2968
09-04-2010, 11:48 AM
You buy ammunition because it is a good deal, but you don't own a pistol that caliber, but know you will one day.

olhunter
09-04-2010, 11:48 AM
...you never sell the holsters with a gun because you just KNOW you're going to have that same gun again some day.

...your wife says "WTF? ANOTHER one?" when you bring your baby home.

...you buy another safe just for the handguns.

...you have so many DROS's going, you forget about one and have to pay again after 30 days.

...you stand in front of the safe for what seems like an hour, trying to decide what to bring to the range.

and I like the ones about the drill. Range safety with the drill. lol.

bsg
09-04-2010, 11:56 AM
You buy ammunition because it is a good deal, but you don't own a pistol that caliber, but know you will one day.

yes.... :)

BamBam-31
09-04-2010, 11:58 AM
...you start shooting your handguns at rifle ranges.

morfeeis
09-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Yup, this is true. Or you wonder why producers use cocking noises as exclamation marks. You know what I mean, guy pulls out a gun and points it at someone and says "Gimme all your money... *cocking noise* NOW!" Why would you point the gun at the guy if you didn't have a round chambered? Then again, if it's dumb I'm sure someone has seen it on TV and actually done it.
are they just keep racking the slide over and over and over and no round ever flys out........

psango
09-04-2010, 12:23 PM
When you have a different carry handgun for every day of the week. If your feeling flashy you bring the stainless, if your walking around town then you carry the blued lol

This is totally normal and does not belong here.

morfeeis
09-04-2010, 12:24 PM
you have nightmares of 10 day holds and a ca safe gun list.....

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 12:29 PM
are they just keep racking the slide over and over and over and no round ever flys out........

The legislature in this state probably gets all their ideas for gun laws from movies too.

olhunter
09-04-2010, 12:42 PM
..you get pissed off at the movie because all the way through, the hero could hit anything, anywhere, anytime, but when it comes to the showdown with the bad guy, they suddenly can't hit squat. And when they FINALLY get the drop on the guy, they just stand there talking instead of JUST SHOOTING HIM!!

Libertarian777
09-04-2010, 1:02 PM

this is too true. I have a couple hundred rounds purchased for my next buy... :-)

JanG
09-04-2010, 1:08 PM

i do the same with my impact wrenches too :D

Killawhale415
09-04-2010, 1:10 PM
You watch a movie where you hear a man "cock" his Glock, then you run and grab your Glock to show the wife that it isnt possible.

Ha thats my favorite so far

Katana
09-04-2010, 1:22 PM
…you buy a pistol that you've always wanted to own, and then later find that you already had one in the back of your safe.

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 1:22 PM
…you buy a pistol that you've always wanted to own, and then later find that you already had one in the back of your safe.

I wish I had that problem.

scarville
09-04-2010, 1:38 PM
When the range officer asks you stop shooting on the rifle range because the other shooters complained you're making them look bad.

BamBam-31
09-04-2010, 2:08 PM
...you look at that stop sign 75 yds. away, extend your thumb out and line it up, then say, "Yeah, I could hit that."

JSolie
09-04-2010, 2:19 PM
You're at work distance testing the long range bar code scanning abilities of something like this:

http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrck31ex/index.aspx

And you're the only one who can consistently tag the bar code from about 30 feet away.

Then you realize that you're in a Weaver stance in the test room....

Droc101
09-04-2010, 2:32 PM
you spend more time on the handgun forum then you do watching tv

Khram
09-04-2010, 2:37 PM

I'm at 3x more! Just sold another shotgun today also:eek: When you are into a 3digit number of handguns owned there starts to be a problem. I'm not sure I can fit or afford another safe in my small home.

1911Luvr
09-04-2010, 3:43 PM
you spend more time on the handgun forum then you do watching tv

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Pyrodyne
09-04-2010, 4:06 PM
...you and your wife collectively groan when the 6th shot rings out on a model 60 in a movie.

J.D.Allen
09-04-2010, 6:25 PM

:rofl2::clap:

hahaha! Look at my location. I think I know I'm a handgunner now!:D

OneSevenDeuce
09-04-2010, 6:27 PM
:rofl2::clap:

hahaha! Look at my location. I think I know I'm a handgunner now!:D

Congrats. I must be a jackass because I came back to California from several free states.

audiopro74
09-04-2010, 7:04 PM

Not a girl, but the kid across the street is named Colt...

bsg
09-05-2010, 12:12 AM
you know you're a confused handgunner when you realize you've posted the same advice twice on the same handgun thread.... :eek:

ojisan
09-05-2010, 12:32 AM
...you have two cardboard boxes full of unused holsters and are looking to buy more.
...you have more pocket pistols than pockets and are looking to buy more.
...you can choose either "revolver day" or "autoloader day" and you still have too many choices to make for what to take to the range that day.
...you have slept with your favorite .44 magnum inside your sleeping bag while camping in bear country.
...you can read the "secret" Nazi production code stamps on old Mausers, Lugers and P-38s without using a reference book.
...you can also read the Makarov stamps, even if they are in Russian, Bulgarian or Chinese.
...you learned that the finger forward on the front of the triggerguard grip does not work with revolvers due to flame cutting of your fingers by the cylinder gap.

Munk
09-05-2010, 1:50 AM
...you learned that the finger forward on the front of the triggerguard grip does not work with revolvers due to flame cutting of your fingers by the cylinder gap.
Yes, yes i did learn this.... and i'm glad that finger was already scarred.

...you seriously consider becoming an FFL just to ignore 10day waits, the 1 in 30, and the HSC requirements.

eccvets
09-05-2010, 1:59 AM
...you start to systematically get rid of your long guns so that you can get more pistols. Yeah, it's happening. The side by side shotgun is on deck to leave the nest and I'm not sad about it one bit. There is just too much on the list that I want.

It's just a shame that I don't have more hours in the day to go shoot... But then again, there are a lot of hours in the day. :D

you shouldnt be buying more handguns if you cant afford them without selling others. its a sign that you just dont have enough money to afford this hobby and perhaps you should save money for food and rent...

themailman
09-05-2010, 2:04 AM
you shouldnt be buying more handguns if you cant afford them without selling others. its a sign that you just dont have enough money to afford this hobby and perhaps you should save money for food and rent...

Thanks for the advice Buzz Killington.

OneSevenDeuce
09-05-2010, 8:45 AM

You know, you're right. I was wondering why I was always so cold at night and those noises my stomach were making have become disquieting! It appears that I am homeless and starving! :eek:

If only it were as simple as me using my long guns less and less and not wanting things I don't use taking up space in my home! Curses! I am apparently the first person who has sold off guns to fund other projects as well. Darn my stupidity!

themailman
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
When you request to change yor duty station to Yuma, AZ just so you can carry.

olhunter
09-05-2010, 11:03 AM

hhahhahhaha.......hahhahahahahhaa.....wait, you're kidding, right?

What should I do with my trucks?

Anchors
09-06-2010, 4:31 AM
Ryan

When you think, yeah, I could totally dual wield.

I do this with anything remotely handgun shaped including drills and the RF gun at work without even thinking about it. Then I notice and laugh at myself.

they just keep racking the slide over and over and over and no round ever flys out........

..you get pissed off at the movie because all the way through, the hero could hit anything, anywhere, anytime, but when it comes to the showdown with the bad guy, they suddenly can't hit squat. And when they FINALLY get the drop on the guy, they just stand there talking instead of JUST SHOOTING HIM!!

...you look at that stop sign 75 yds. away, extend your thumb out and line it up, then say, "Yeah, I could hit that."

You're at work distance testing the long range bar code scanning abilities of something like this:

http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrck31ex/index.aspx

And you're the only one who can consistently tag the bar code from about 30 feet away.

Then you realize that you're in a Weaver stance in the test room....

Totally do this all the time.

Those are my favorites.

BigBronco
09-06-2010, 8:47 AM
When you are at Wallmart to buy only a few necessities, like TP and you make your mandatory run by the Sporting goods to see what pistol ammo is in stock even though you reload and have 2K or more rounds at home and the makins for 10K more already.

benbangui
09-06-2010, 9:05 AM

HAHA YES! so true! lol

tbhracing
09-06-2010, 9:43 AM

Bravo- very good. :D

nn3453
09-06-2010, 9:49 AM
You obsess over the placement of your tool belt on your hip when doing household chores and test how fast you can draw that screwdriver up and out.

Ranger20
09-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Because you could out shoot your friends with their Ruger10/22's with your Ruger 5.5" single six revolver all day long... and still can... :60:

Thompson Center Pistol carries easy and shoots good out to 300 yards. Left the Rifle at home no need.

glockwise2000
09-06-2010, 10:05 AM

Dem, you beat me to this.

zcktomcat
09-06-2010, 12:55 PM
You can hit the steel plate at 100 yards more consistantly than the guy next to you can hit the 25 yard plates

OneSevenDeuce
09-06-2010, 1:03 PM
You can hit the steel plate at 100 yards more consistantly than the guy next to you can hit the 25 yard plates

Hey, go easy on me. I'm trying! :D