PDA

View Full Version : SKS with detachable mag, invalid listing under Harrot?

shopkeep
05-12-2006, 3:21 PM
I know I already posted something similar in the rifleman's forum but I would really like to get a second opinion on this:

I know I'm probably taking a long shot here, but when the original Roberti Roos ban listed "SKS with Detachable Magazine" there was never any make or manufacturer listed. This would then fall under the (all) classification which was later ruled to be too vague. Would it perhaps be possible then that SKS clones would therefore be legal to use a detachable magazine with on this technicality?

The whole situation with AR-15s, AK-47s, FAL clones, G3 clones, and so much more just really got me thinking on this one. There's no specified brand of SKS that is banned with Detachable magazines. It's just generic which would fall under (all) and such classifications have been ruled too vague. Could some of the legal experts here chime in please?

kenc9
05-12-2006, 6:35 PM
I know I already posted something similar in the rifleman's forum but I would really like to get a second opinion on this:

I know I'm probably taking a long shot here, but when the original Roberti Roos ban listed "SKS with Detachable Magazine" there was never any make or manufacturer listed. This would then fall under the (all) classification which was later ruled to be too vague. Would it perhaps be possible then that SKS clones would therefore be legal to use a detachable magazine with on this technicality?

The whole situation with AR-15s, AK-47s, FAL clones, G3 clones, and so much more just really got me thinking on this one. There's no specified brand of SKS that is banned with Detachable magazines. It's just generic which would fall under (all) and such classifications have been ruled too vague. Could some of the legal experts here chime in please?

Off the list it reads... """Norinco SKS w/ detachable magazine""" http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/aw.htm
I have always known the only banned SKS as this one..no other.

-ken

artherd
05-12-2006, 7:44 PM
Are any and all series bans with "All" in them not fully legal? Almost certinly.
Would it take another state supreme level case to know for sure? Almost certinly! ;D

RRangel
05-12-2006, 8:04 PM

Please stop making double posts. If you want to ask a legal question ask it in the right place.

Thank you for your understanding.

gibbet
05-12-2006, 9:11 PM
Goto page 83 in the AW Guide (combined Cat1 and Cat2 AWs list).

Listed as:
Mfg/importer/place of origin: Norinco
Make: SKS w/detachable magazine

Looks pretty clear to me which model is listed as an AW.

saki302
05-13-2006, 4:15 AM
No other manufacturer (Russia, Yugo, etc.) produced a factory-made SKS with detachable mag, only Norinco did, which is why it got named (SKS-D, which sells for a pretty premium now in free states).

That does open an interesting can of worms regarding detachable mags on non-Chinese SKS's, don't it?

-Dave